4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive - Just in case of RAIN!!

fairlady66

Just saw the weather report...... IF it should happen to rain on Sunday when the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive is to take place we will not be postponing it or canceling it this year, this event goes on Rain or Shine! We ask that you still come on out and bring a toy for the Children. We will hold as much activities indoors as we can. Goodies bags, T-Shirts, Food, Pictures for the children with Santa, Music, Raffles, and if we are indoors there will be a silent auction and Dash Plaques if you still bring your Datsun. We will make it a fun time regardless. So please come on out to the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive and support a great cause.

If it does not rain, we are going at it full bore!

4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive

November 6, 2011 10:00am - 3:00pm

Riverside International Automotive Museum

815 Marlborough, Suite 200—Riverside, CA 92507

www.socalroc.net

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had Rain! With about an hour and a half of rain and cold the weather settled into overcast skies allowing a pleasant time for everyone. This was the 4th year for the SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive, 2 years with warm weather and 2 with questionable weather. Regardless of the weather we had some die-hard Datsun lovers show up for a great time. With a little less than a third of the cards as usual we ended up with over half of the toys as last year for the Children's Hospital. This made it all worth the rain and cold. Our DJ "AJ" was great; our raffles went well as did the judging of the cars. The Datsun owners picked their favorites for 1st - 3rd and our guest racecar drivers picked the Best of Show and the museum staff picked the Museum's Choice Award. The racecar drivers that showed were Scooter Patrick, Davey Jordan and our long time friend John Morton. Rain or Shine these die-hard people come out to support a great cause and to have a great time. Thank you to everyone for your continual support. What until you see what we are doing next year!

The importance of pre-registration for these shows

SoCalROC does not have membership dues and each event is created with a zero budget. Pre-registration for car shows does a couple of things. First, it allows us to get a general idea of the number of cars to expect. Second, it helps to create a budget to prepare the best show we can for our attendees. Next, it allows us to purchase the awards and dash plaques. Finally, it helps to cover additional expenses incurred when putting on a nice car show. We understand that sometimes people just have to wait to see if they can make the event date and time, and will register at the gate. This is expected and encouraged when one has no other choice. However without a certain number pre-registered by a specific date, it is impossible to prepare properly; we won't know the number of participants to expect and we won't have the funds to prepare. This year with pre-registration so low, we lifted the registration fee and are asking for a donation instead. As always, we ask everyone entering the show to bring a toy for Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital. This year we ended up falling short of meeting out budget due to lack of pre-registration and lack of donations, but we all did a great job bringing in the toys for the kids! Great job you all! Thanks for coming out in the questionable weather and supporting this cause.

Donations are still being accepted. Log onto www.socalroc.net and click the PayPal button in the Show-&-Shine Toy Drive section.

We have some t-shirts left over we wanted to offer to all of you. The sale of these shirts will help offset some of the cost of putting on a show like this. And of course when attendance is low due to weather there is a little more cost to be offset.

We are offering these quality T-Shirts to you at the low price of $15 and this includes the shipping. A detailed picture is attached to this message for you to see the shirt, the colors are a bit more vivid than what you see here.

To purchase these T-shirt using PayPal send funds to cmb.assoc@gmail.com and indicate your request for the T-Shirts and the size(s) you wish. These will ship out to you within 2 business days. If you do not use PayPal let us know and we can work out a Credit Card or check purchase.

But you will need to hurry, I can not promise your requested size will still be available when you place your order. The sale of these shirts are on a First come-first serve basis.

What we have at this time is:

3-Small

8-Large

2-XL

5-2XL

We still have some T-Shirts for sale from the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive.

$15 includes shipping. PayPal funds to cmb.assoc@gmail.com ships within 2 days

NO MEDUIMS

We have:

A few Larges

A couple of Smalls

5 2XL

We still have some T-Shirts for sale from the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive.

$15 includes shipping. PayPal funds to cmb.assoc@gmail.com ships within 2 days

NO MEDUIMS

We have:

A few Larges

A couple of Smalls

5 2XL

Chris. save one of the 2XL's and I'll pick it up from you next time I see ya. Are you going to the Impire Z show this weekend?

Chris. save one of the 2XL's and I'll pick it up from you next time I see ya. Are you going to the Impire Z show this weekend?

Hey John,

I have it set aside for you.

I am registered for the Z Show but I can't make it. Need to go see my dad... But I will get this to you, if you are going to the MoVal Meet I can have kevin get it to you.