KA24e into a 620

Icehouse

Alright. So I've read all 7 pages of this and figured out everything that will need to be done (for the motor and welding etc, just gotta read that wiring how to now)

My questions are:

1. Which will give more power a ka from a 240? or one from the truck.

and

2. Which is more recommended, the 240 or the truck.

last one

3. How long was your 620 out of commission while doing the swap?

1. I can't tell the difference driving a truck single cam vs a car single cam. The dual cams have better top end IMO.

2. Single cam out of 2wd truck. Oil pan fits very nice.

3. Quite a while. If the engine mounts where already built and someone bet me how fast I could get it back on the road I would say around a week. Chasing down parts and doing the wiring can take some time. That's if the truck was a runner before. No draining the tank of bad gas, fixing old brakes, ect.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. I can't tell the difference driving a truck single cam vs a car single cam. The dual cams have better top end IMO.

2. Single cam out of 2wd truck. Oil pan fits very nice.

3. Quite a while. If the engine mounts where already built and someone bet me how fast I could get it back on the road I would say around a week. Chasing down parts and doing the wiring can take some time. That's if the truck was a runner before. No draining the tank of bad gas, fixing old brakes, ect.

It's a runner already (just engine issues so that's not a problem) So I guess I'll have to wait untill I can get a 2nd car to do the swap then. Thanks :)

2nd car is the way to go.

Biggest issues with the dual cam over the single is the oil pan and the accelerator cable. Flipping the center link helps with the first and I broke the cablehousing on the new cable, but there's no binding...still need to resolve that.

Haven't been in a single cam, but my dual hauls fucking ass. :D

• 4 months later...

Getting ready to do this in my 77.....got a 93 2 by donor, gona use engine and trans.......and a guy just approached me and asked if i knew anyone interested in a car intake wiring and ecu, as he took a ka from a car and is gonna carb it.........so looks like all the guess work is done! Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I'm also getting ready to do a single cam swap for my 521. Checked out a ka from a 240 and the guy already has a turbo hooked up to it and a Z18et ECU. wiring harness is done and the tranny from a 240 is included. only things i need to hunt down is a rad, oil pan and thinking about doing the 280z tranny swap.

Since im putting in bucket seats i want the shifter to be a bit closer to me so i want to see how far back the 240 shifter sits.

Edit: what would have a better gears? the 280zx or the 240sx tranny?