KA24e into a 620

Icehouse

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn it was hard enough finding that one, and I didn't even know it was 4x4. The search continues. I think I should have just bought and L20 and built the shit out of it:glare:

I have a pan 40 bucks plus shipping

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You need a truck oil pan for steering clearance in your 620.

The DOHC pan fits fine. In fact it can be removed without dropping the crossmember. You have to flip the centerlink and clearance the pan a smidge for steering clearance.

I have 1/4" clearance all the way around at full crank. :cool:

Picture047.jpg

Picture045.jpg

You can see where I reworked the lower rear edge of the pan inside my sharpie marks.

Great thanks for the info. other than the oil pan it should fit just fine?

any info on the KA24DE into a 620?

i found one for 1000 with tranny and pieces to turbo it

its out of a 95 240sx

Well, you'll have to cut the motor mounts down. I used the same method as Icehouse. I dropped mine 5/8". The back of the motor (egr tube) is close to the firewall. I could have dropped the motor down another 1" and gained a bit more clearance back there, but it'll do.

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture038.jpg

I flipped the center link as I stated earlier.

I am running a 83 720 Z24 5-speed transmission, it bolts right up to the stock mount and the driveshaft slips right on. The shifter is in the stock location and the speedo screws right on. The trans is threaded for the starter. This required drilling out the threads on the starter making the upper bolt a bit hard to reach, but not impossible. You also want to make sure to use the truck slave cylinder, the car slave puts the hose right into the torsion bar.

Other than that it was a pretty straightforward swap.

Oh, I am using the stock 620 radiator. I'll post up it's effectivness after Canby. :)

2eDeYe' date='10 June 2010 - 07:10 AM' timestamp='1276182625' post='313279']

Well, you'll have to cut the motor mounts down. I used the same method as Icehouse. I dropped mine 5/8". The back of the motor (egr tube) is close to the firewall. I could have dropped the motor down another 1" and gained a bit more clearance back there, but it'll do.

I flipped the center link as I stated earlier.

I am running a 83 720 Z24 5-speed transmission, it bolts right up to the stock mount and the driveshaft slips right on. The shifter is in the stock location and the speedo screws right on. The trans is threaded for the starter. This required drilling out the threads on the starter making the upper bolt a bit hard to reach, but not impossible. You also want to make sure to use the truck slave cylinder, the car slave puts the hose right into the torsion bar.

Other than that it was a pretty straightforward swap.

Oh, I am using the stock 620 radiator. I'll post up it's effectivness after Canby. :)

awesome thanks man

How about the wiring? with a fuel injection do i need a pressurized tank?

its not the tank that is pressurized it is the fuel coming from the tank that is. so simply using the fuel pump from the car you got it from should suffice, or you can also install an aftermarket electric fuel pump just dont forget to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator

The 240 has an internal pump. You will need to get one that is an external, I'll post up the part # of the one I'm running at some point soon. Gotta finish prepping for Canby.

The wiring?? I had Icehouse come over and wire it up last night. He just started hacking away at the harness and after a couple hours he said 'Start it up' an it ran. I will say you need a bunch of wire, connectors, electrical tape, four fuses w/holders or a fuse block, 3 relays, some solder and a lot of patience. :lol:

Thanks Jeff!!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright. So I've read all 7 pages of this and figured out everything that will need to be done (for the motor and welding etc, just gotta read that wiring how to now)

My questions are:

1. Which will give more power a ka from a 240? or one from the truck.

and

2. Which is more recommended, the 240 or the truck.

last one

3. How long was your 620 out of commission while doing the swap?

I think you should use the one from the truck, the ones in the cars are different. front sump vs rear sump, oil pump is located inside the timing cover on the car. Much better off with a truck KA, you can use the intake n shit off the car if you really want, and wiring harness i heard was better..

I think you should use the one from the truck, the ones in the cars are different. front sump vs rear sump, oil pump is located inside the timing cover on the car. Much better off with a truck KA, you can use the intake n shit off the car if you really want, and wiring harness i heard was better..

Okay thanks, I'll look for a truck motor then :)

and then a early 80s z 5speed?