KA24e into a 620

Icehouse

Well you could probly walk me through mine because I got really pissed at my engine and yarded it out along with the tranny. Now I have a ka and 5 speed(fs5w71c) going in instead of my twin turbo vg. I am giving it to my friend in trade for the ka and for him installing it. I think I am gonna tackle most of the wiring though because I like my wiring better than his, lol. heres the parts list breakdown.

240sx ka24e

240sx 5 speed

620 driveline with 86 hb front

hb oil pan from 2wd

stock 240sx wiring harness

HB fuel pump

and n60 maf from maxima

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Iceman.. You could do like those infomercials where they "teach" you how to market a "product" and the money flood gates open up and you have like $20-$30 in the first year.

In all seriousness (well maybe not all), you could get "paid" for doing the write up by selling the harness when you are done and documenting it along the way. There will always be people that don't want to do that kind of stuff, even if you spell it out in a HOWTO that a sloth could follow.

Well you could probly walk me through mine because I got really pissed at my engine and yarded it out along with the tranny. Now I have a ka and 5 speed(fs5w71c) going in instead of my twin turbo vg. I am giving it to my friend in trade for the ka and for him installing it. I think I am gonna tackle most of the wiring though because I like my wiring better than his, lol. heres the parts list breakdown.

240sx ka24e

240sx 5 speed

620 driveline with 86 hb front

hb oil pan from 2wd

stock 240sx wiring harness

HB fuel pump

and n60 maf from maxima

what is the 620/hb driveline do? Does it fit the car tranny without shortening?

I used a zx fuel pump, 6 bucks from pull a part :D

You can't just switch mafs, It will make it run to rich, or lean depending on the maf. I have heard these units just "plug in" to the stock connector, I don't see how that makes it right though.

Hey Iceman.. You could do like those infomercials where they "teach" you how to market a "product" and the money flood gates open up and you have like $20-$30 in the first year.

In all seriousness (well maybe not all), you could get "paid" for doing the write up by selling the harness when you are done and documenting it along the way. There will always be people that don't want to do that kind of stuff, even if you spell it out in a HOWTO that a sloth could follow.

I wish there was a way to make some cheddar off the knowledge in my head :D I know what you mean slo, I just need to get a donation paypal account :D

Actually what I am suggesting is, sell the one you make the instructions with and then give away the info to the community. There will still be people that would pay to have someone do the actual work.

Actually what I am suggesting is, sell the one you make the instructions with and then give away the info to the community. There will still be people that would pay to have someone do the actual work.

Dude I will, I bet that will be worth some dough, since a harness is worth something right there.

I want the front yoke from a hb driveshaft so it fits right over the 240 rear tail properly. I already fit the 620 yoke in it and it works just fine but i wanna see if I like the hb one. maybe I can make some sort of cool hybrid driveshaft out of it, lol. Hey, I was gonna ask you should I mess with wiring up the 240 alternator or just use the stock L one I already have? The L- one is brand new and I have no idea how well the 240 one worked. Also, did you mess with any of the vacuum lines on the 240 intake or did you leave everything in place to keep it simple? peace.

yeah I am getting rid of my charcoal canister as well and last night i was eliminating wires from the harness deemed unnecessary to kind of clean it up a bit. Plus all the plugs and clips need to be replaced, prolly gonna replace them with those cool bulky ford style connectors.

The engine fit so nice last night but like I told my friend the stock front sump oil pan has to go. He swore up and down it just needed to be dented in a lil but i dont like the way that looks at all. after a few hours of him banging on it and us dry fitting it he finally gave in. I have the truck rear sump pan going on which was what I wanted to do in the first place before we started putting it in there. anyway, it was a semi succesful evening and next week it will be in the truck with everything on it and ready to rock! peace.

Anyone ever heard of the 240sx tranny not being anle to fit under the 620? Its a super tight fit and it will not be coming out if I get it in there, lol. I have already shortened the driveshaft about two inches so it would really suck if I cant get this one to work. I have almost everything worked out with the cooling system, electrical, driveline, and engine mounting. I dont have the fuel delivery system worked out just yet because I still need to wire up some relays and find a good spot for the fuel pump. it should be done by GG though and hopefully painted too. peace.

• 2 weeks later...

any idea where or what these plugs go to on a 240? Im guessing they go to the MAIN power relays seeing how one or two of the wires sends power to the ecu and many other important pieces to make EFI work, lol. Im just curious how you hooked your wires up in your 620. peace.

Picture252.jpg

Picture251.jpg

Picture250.jpg

Picture249.jpg

hey mr. icehouse I believe I have everything hooked up right but since my fuel pump isnt kicking on and I have no lights on the ecu I am thinking something is very wrong. Any ideas or maybe you could give me some hints for the wiring? peace.

• 4 months later...

Shouldn't be much different then putting it into a 620, the frame is virtually the same. The only major difference is the width inside the fenderwells. You will have to mod the ka motor mounts and the steering tie rod (depending on which style you get; front sump or rear sump)