Anyone want to buy new 320 vent window rubbers?

ol' 320

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mine this morning, they look GREAT and I already know the fit will be good. It'll be a while before they go back in though. I never did get a DHL notice, they just showed up at the front door sometime between yesterday morning and this morning. Thanks to all the folks at Advanced Auto Supply!

• Like 2

Hello everyone, thanks for your pre-orders for the 320 window seals! There are a few people who haven't paid -- if you placed a pre-order and am still waiting for your invoice, please let me know. Almost everyone who's paid for their pre-order has received their seals -- there are 1-2 people who've received their DHL tracking number and their seals are on the way.

Thanks again for making this project possible and Happy Holidays! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 320 Newb said:

Do you think you'll sell 100?

Probably, though it'll take longer than expected. I've a few people who've contacted me but no takers yet. Most are balking at the price, though I've explained to them that it comes with the riskiness and investment needed for a project of this nature. 

We've plans to list on Amazon, but selling restrictions for certain product categories -- including auto parts -- make it trickier than expected. For the time being, I've asked people to email or PM me directly to place an order. I've suggested eBay as another sales channel to Mr. Kitisak. I'll follow up on this after people get back from their new year's holidays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

For the US I believe, surprisingly, eBay actually has less overhead cost than ebay. How can anyone complain about the price for what appears to be a quality, totally custom reproduction?!

And unobtanium anywhere else in the universe !!!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

A happy new year to everyone! Just a quick update: everyone who's placed an order and paid for their seals has received them. Thanks again to everyone who made this project successful! 

For anyone who missed the boat on the pre-orders, please get in contact with me via private message, email, or Facebook. 

@ol' 320 I've sent you a follow-up email; please check your inbox and get back to me at your convenience. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The manufacturer of these vent-window seals has expressed the possibility on the FaceBook '320 Owner' forum that the door window outer squeegee could be a viable candidate for reproduction. They would need a measurable/modelable sample of the rubber squeegee to evaluate. I believe that this has been discussed in several threads on Ratsun, including this one, over the past several years. I'm not planning tearing into my doors for a year or two. If someone has a good sample of the door window squeegee that is out of the door, maybe something can get started like the reproduction of the vent-window seals that were a big triumph for the 320 preservation enthusiasts. 

• Like 3

I have a cad model of the basic profile of the window squeegee (which from previous comments is not what they want) and squeegees that I made from a 3d printed mold of that CAD model. I'm a little concerned that my squeegees are a little smaller than the originals. When installed the squeegee just barely or didn't quite reach the window on the end nearest to the door panel. I had to shim the window in the track with some more window felt. On the end closer to the vent window I felt the squeegee had enough contact with the glass, so maybe this was just a problem with my worn down window felt. Or it is possible that it is a problem with my CAD model because I modeled them from very old and shrunken squeegees. My homemade squeegees are also not  the exact right length, I just cut them to fit.

This thread has more details:

https://ratsun.net/topic/75757-nl320-outer-door-weatherstrip-pn-80341-09400/

If any of this would help get proper parts made I will happily send it along.

Dylan

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well and keeping safe during these difficult times.

Just an update on the weather seals: we still have some in stock, ready to be shipped out.

The price is still the same: 198 USD for a set of LR RH seals.

Shipping is 53 USD to the US, for 1-2 sets. Due to the current situation, shipping costs and times will fluctuate.

If you're interested in placing an order, please get in touch with me here or on my Facebook: I'm active on the Datsun Parts and Needs Facebook group and have listed the seals for sale there. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone, an update for August: shipping charges and times may be slightly affected due to current events, but most shipments still arrive on time. 

We're looking into manufacturing additional rubbers/weatherstrips for the Datsun 320 -- I'll post updates on those projects when I can.

We still have vent window rubbers in stock, ready to be shipped out.

The price is still the same: 198 USD for a set of LR RH seals.

Shipping is 53 USD to the US, for 1-2 sets. 

If you're interested in placing an order, please get in touch with me here or on my Facebook: I'm active on the Datsun Parts and Needs Facebook group and have listed the seals for sale there. 

•  
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Hi everyone, just an update: we have around 10 LH+RH sets left. Once they're gone, it'll be a while before we start another production run. Not a lot of 320s in use nowadays, after all. So if you need a set (or two), now's the time to place an order! Please send me a PM if you're interested. I'm more active on Facebook, so you can also contact me there instead on the Datsun Parts and Needs Group.
  • Like 3
  • 6 months later...