Anyone want to buy new 320 vent window rubbers?

ol' 320

4 minutes ago, mickey1845 said:

@ol' 320 We produced a run of 100 sets, so we'll put the rest of them up on Amazon and eBay. Thank you very much your support as well in making this happen! 

Anyone interested in ordering a set can also contact us via PM or email (info@advanceauto.co.th).

Price:

$99/piece

$198/set (left and right side)

Price doesn't include shipping, which will vary depending on shipping method and location. 

I'll update this post with more pictures and info.

Nice job micky1845!!!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Mickey1845, I was not sure if you guys(manufacturers) would put these up to the public, please post a link to where you offer them here on this thread, I am sure the link will get posted to other places and as long as you "follow" this thread(an option you have on here, 12 people follow it right now), you will be notified if a new person posts to this thread asking how to get a set like late comers have already done.

I ordered shortly during the preorder period but didn't receive confirmation of shipping until they entered the us. they arrived today and look great. i wont be installing for a while, but very impressed with the whole process, ordering, speed of delivery, and quality of item all exceeded my expectations. thank you to all who had a hand in making this happen!!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 12/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, mickey1845 said:

@ol' 320 We produced a run of 100 sets, so we'll put the rest of them up on Amazon and eBay. Thank you very much your support as well in making this happen! 

Anyone interested in ordering a set can also contact us via PM or email (info@advanceauto.co.th).

Price:

$99/piece

$198/set (left and right side)

Price doesn't include shipping, which will vary depending on shipping method and location. 

I'll update this post with more pictures and info.

Nice job micky1845!!!

• Like 1

I'm happy to see people are starting to receive their seals and for those who have installed them it pleases me to see them fit nicely. So far I've heard of no real issues in installation but if anyone does find a problem (you won't) don't hesitate to let mickey or myself know and we'llwork through it. Thanks and have a great Holiday Season! No New Year's Eve party for me this year, I'll be spending that morning (31st) in surgery and hope to get back on my truck in roughly three weeks or so, providing all goes well.

• Like 5

So I had a small issue that I have worked out, this issue should not effect the L320 as I was told the gasket fit the L320 wing window frames fine, the issue is only with NL320/V320/U320 models, here in the states, this mostly involves the NL320, it turns out that the L320 wing window frames and the NL320 wing window frames are slightly different, the channel that holds these gaskets/seals in position is slightly wider on the NL320 by 1/16th inch, the issue is mostly with the rear upright from top to bottom, it is loose in that channel and when I closed the wing window the rear edge of the glass would push the gasket in towards the interior which then the gasket didn't make a good seal which bothered me, I in my head could see this causing wind noise when the truck/car is driven, with a little help this is what we/I figured out/came up with.

When you look at the back of the rear upright part of the gasket it was pointed out to me that there is a groove in the center of the gasket, I could not think of anyway to make the wing window frame narrower, so I needed to make the gasket wider, so what I did was test fit aquarium air tubing by pushing it in that groove and it seemed to work, so I went down to the auto parts store with a sample of that tubing and i bought some rubber tubing the same size and headed home.

Here is a photo of the back of the wing window gasket.

009.jpg

010.jpg

Here the gasket is with the aquarium tubing pushed into the groove as it is easier to see in this photo.

004.jpg

Here is the rubber vacuum tubing pushed into the groove.

011.jpg

I glued the rubber tubing in the groove with super glue, and then I sliced off all the tubing sticking out past the gasket which is basically half of it without slicing any of the gasket, this has to be done because the channel is very shallow in the upright section and the gasket will not seat correctly without slicing the extra tubing sticking out off.

012.jpg

The gasket/seal fits in the wing window frame great now, it doesn't move in that upright channel anymore, and it appears to seal/touch the glass from top to bottom.

There is a groove/hole in the bottom of the gasket where the chrome bracket goes thru that the lever rests on of you have that type, it needs to be sliced the width of that hole, again if you have that type.

008.jpg

014.jpg

The gasket/seal fits great.

017.jpg

Others may not have this issue, but on something like this I get picky as it is time consuming to remove and install these wing window frames, one has to take the door apart, so I look everything over real close as I don't want to have to remove it again just to make adjustments, again this likely does not effect the L320 as the gasket was made and fitted at the factory with L320 wing window gasket samples and wing window frames.

Edited by wayno
  • Thanks 2

OK, so I still have a what I believe is a 1965 Datsun L320 door that still had the front half of the window frame including the wing window part, the back half was used in my 1963 Datsun kingcab rear window that functions as a window(moves up and down like normal window), so that justified me cutting up a door window frame in my mind.

To get the window frame out you have to remove the bolts holding the upright in and you need to remove the front stud nut inside the door, spray lots of lubricant onto that stud up in there and the use a 7/16ths deep socket to loosen the nut, I suggest only  loosening it a 1/4 turn, spray it more, tighten it then loosen it over and over loosening it a little more every time till it feels free, don't break it off getting over impatient, take your time.

020.jpg

019.jpg

This is the type of window locking lever it has.

022.jpg

Here it is installed.

025.jpg

026.jpg

This gasket fit this wing window assembly amazingly well, I installed the wing window and closed and locked it and the fit was great, it sealed all the way around without any tinkering inside and out, close the wing window and your done, Advance Auto Supply did an amazing job making these gaskets/seals.

When I pulled this window frame assembly out this was under the wing window, has anyone else found one of these on the bottom of their wing window frame?

027.jpg

028.jpg

Edited by wayno