Anyone want to buy new 320 vent window rubbers?

ol' 320

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou a lot Micky1845 for your time in getting these made, otherwise it likely would not have happened, Trakker also deserves thanks for finding someone that would take this on.

I do have a question, did you make any extra sets?

It seems like if any extra were made that someone could buy them and sell them for a premium price to make back their the money they paid for their set/sets, it will take a little time, but who else could they buy them from, and if that worked out maybe more could be ordered as the molds are made, it seems like ebay would be a good place to sell them if one has an account.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:49 AM, mickey1845 said:

ZoPTI2J.png

Seals are being packed and shipped out. Thank you everyone for your support!

This has certainly been a long, lengthy project ... just look how old the thread is! As of today, there have been 19,333 views and 490 posts!

DHL is on track to deliver my gasket set next Tuesday. These will make a great Christmas present for my buddy, who now owns my old 320 and will likely keep it "forever" since he uses it all the time to haul his old restored Nortons and BSAs to m/c shows - and to shlep stuff home from Costco and Home Depot:)

After seeing the prototype set in Las Vegas a month ago I an=m highly confident that I will be delighted with what I receive next Tuesday!

Could everyone who receives their new 320 vent window gaskets please take a moment to post back here with their product review? Even better, perhaps folks can post a pic or two of their installed gaskets in their truck with their own review?

Advance Auto Supply has really taken a leap of faith financially on the tooling and production of these gaskets. I doubt that the company has received orders for more than 40 or at most 50 gasket sets to date. Again, my only personal stake in this venture was to be able to buy the one set of new gaskets for my old truck, which will now make a great Christmas present for my buddy, who will probably have this truck forever. For Mr. Kitisak to even break even on this venture he will certainly need to sell a great deal more gaskets than have been ordered to date. In my conversations with the company owner, his motivation was to try to help the relatively small community of 320 owners be better able to enjoy their trucks, and he thought the only practical way to do so was to take a chance on this extended preorder process to help mitigate as much up front costs as possible.

If you like your new gaskets, please post a review here so other 320 owners can feel better about dealing with an overseas vendor who has gone to extraordinary lengths to reproduce these items. Better yet, please let your friends know these 320 parts are available again. I have no idea how many extra sets Mr. Kitisak has or will make in the future, but at least a reputable company has now made the effort to make quality molds.

If you need a set of gaskets, order them soon before the initial run is sold out.

I consider the price I paid for a new set of 320 gaskets to be a bargain, considering this current run of gaskets is the only known source of 320 vent window gaskets in existence!

Finally, a note to DatsunMike. I appreciate your patience with keeping this thread going. I am 100 percent convinced after being involved with this project that without the obvious interest this project would not have succeeded:

* At least a couple dozen folks stated they serious buyers for a set of gaskets, and

* The 19,333-plus views to date 

* Trakker98 extensive research and effort to find thisThai manufacturer

* Trakker deciding to pull his truck apart and send his personal set of 320 gaskets overseas to someone whom he had never met in the hopes of jumpstarting this project.

* Wayno's (Wayne) willingness to send a set of 320 door frames to me to hand carry to the manufacturer in Las Vegas, in order to fine tune the finished product which Ratsun buyers should start receiving next week.

Good luck with your 320 project!

Eric

• Like 2
21 hours ago, ol' 320 said:

Finally, a note to DatsunMike. I appreciate your patience with keeping this thread going. I am 100 percent convinced after being involved with this project that without the obvious interest this project would not have succeeded:

Eric

I have absolutely no problem with this thread, other than the length without results. My only involvement was to goad and get some action started, a push to get it off it's high centered position and look at alternatives. Constant nagging won't help so I haven't posted here. I'd like to see this work out for all you guys. Best of luck.

A better way to ask my question from a couple posts up: Would one of you 320 owners mind measuring the inside of the vent window frame for me (and other 222 owners)? On the 222 my gaskets are dried out and shrunken enough that I can just see the edge of the metal underneath, so the vertical inside of that edge to edge looks to be 325 millimeters tall, and the max horizontal width (about half or three quarters of an inch up from the bottom because of the rounded front corner, looks to be 225 millimeters. I'm not talking about inside the channel, which I can't measure because the rock hard gasket is still in there, I mean the edge of the frame that is visible when the rubber lip of the gasket is out of the way if you are standing next to the truck. You could almost tell this from the picture several posts back if there were rulers lying on top of the donated vent wing frames. This got more complicated as I was trying to explain it, I hope it makes sense.

OK, I got 225mm from the front inside edge of the curve to the upright, but I only got around 215mm from the top point where the upright and angled piece meet to the top edge of the bottom horizontal piece.

This still doesn't mean they are the same, perhaps you can find a 320 near you to compare them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nicklp said:

A better way to ask my question from a couple posts up: Would one of you 320 owners mind measuring the inside of the vent window frame for me (and other 222 owners)? On the 222 my gaskets are dried out and shrunken enough that I can just see the edge of the metal underneath, so the vertical inside of that edge to edge looks to be 325 millimeters tall, and the max horizontal width (about half or three quarters of an inch up from the bottom because of the rounded front corner, looks to be 225 millimeters. I'm not talking about inside the channel, which I can't measure because the rock hard gasket is still in there, I mean the edge of the frame that is visible when the rubber lip of the gasket is out of the way if you are standing next to the truck. You could almost tell this from the picture several posts back if there were rulers lying on top of the donated vent wing frames. This got more complicated as I was trying to explain it, I hope it makes sense.

On the back lip, measure bottom to top = 12" 3/8th or 5/8th  can't read my writing. Now measure 3/4" and make a mark, then at 6". From the 3/4 to rounded lip = 8" and from 6" mark to the lip = 5" 11/16th.  Hope that helps. Not all will be identical due to eye sight, rulers, or whatever. 

• Like 1

@ol' 320 We produced a run of 100 sets, so we'll put the rest of them up on Amazon and eBay. Thank you very much your support as well in making this happen! 

Anyone interested in ordering a set can also contact us via PM or email (info@advanceauto.co.th).

Price:

$99/piece

$198/set (left and right side)

Price doesn't include shipping, which will vary depending on shipping method and location. 

I'll update this post with more pictures and info.

Edited by mickey1845
  • Like 3