Anyone want to buy new 320 vent window rubbers?

ol' 320

4 hours ago, wayno said:

This is great news!

Wayne: Your donated pair of 320 wing vent door frames were very helpful. As Trakker stated, he was able to install the prototype gaskets and discuss some very minor tweaks that the production foreman will make to the molds before producing the final version of the vent gaskets.

Of additional interest to some Ratsun members, this same Thai rubber manufacturer lists rubber gaskets and parts for more than 40 different early Japanese and German vintage cars of the 60's-70's era. These include every gate needed to restore or rejuvenate a Datsun Fairlady roadster, some parts for 510s, Datsun 1200s, and some BMW and Mercedes parts.

he test fitment, I

The manufacturer suspects, but has not personally verified, that the 320 truck vent rubber gaskets may also fit Datsun 310/311 and possibly 312 models. If anyone happens to own a 320 and a 310 and can verify if these gaskets are the same, it would be good to get the word out about that.

Kitisak, the company owner, could not have been nicer to work with. Lots of very interesting manufacturers at this show. I did determine that Kitisak is very well respected by the Thailand government folks who organized a group display of approximately 18 Thai parts vendors. Evidently this rubber parts company has been attending and exhibiting at AAPEX for the past 7 years.

The owner bought out this business from his father, who made a great many parts for easy Datsun, Toyotas, Mazdas and other early JDM cars starting decades ago. While the vast majority of the company's rubber products are for a wide range of relatively late model Asian market cars and trucks, both consumer and commercial, the company does make parts for a lot of older cars and trucks.

Regards, Eric

• Like 3
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, 320 Newb said:

Funny you mention radial tires I'm on the hunt for 14" bias ply light truck tires that fit stock 320 wheels and look factory. 🙂 

I ran these on my 320 until Eric Coyne ('ol 320) bought it.

IMG_0479Small.jpg

IMG_0478Small.jpg

I never had any "bias ply" issues while driving on them.

1 minute ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I ran these on my 320 until Eric Coyne ('ol 320) bought it.

IMG_0479Small.jpg

IMG_0478Small.jpg

I never had any "bias ply" issues while driving on them.

Thanks that's the look I'm going for but I'll prob run black wall since it's a truck. In a lot of ways I feel like it's a glorified tractor. 🙂

@stevecar: Hi Steve, we originally quoted the shipping price at around 80 to CONUS for one set, sent via Fedex.

We've had requests for alternative shipping options and for combined shipping, which should bring the cost down quite a bit. I think SAL or EMS would work for most people. I'll have to check the shipping costs for those services and get back to you. Thank you for your pre-order!

There are only a few more days to lock in the pre-order price for the wing window seals. Considering the very brittle sample that I had provided, I think they knocked it out of the park and I'm pretty confident you will like the end product. Having met the owner of the company, I was pretty pleased with their professionalism and willingness to work with the group. They definitely are not a "fly by night" organization. I've looked over their catalog and was impressed with the number of vehicles they provide parts for, it's not a particularly small catalog with it being roughly 160 pages. I'd like us to be able to expand that with several pages of 320 specific parts. As I stated previously, we need to identify our next need for the 320, keeping in mind that whatever we choose, keep in mind that we'll need to provide a sample to the manufacturer. 

There are only a few more days to lock in the pre-order price for the wing window seals. Considering the very brittle sample that I had provided, I think they knocked it out of the park and I'm pretty confident you will like the end product. Having met the owner of the company, I was pretty pleased with their professionalism and willingness to work with the group. They definitely are not a "fly by night" organization. I've looked over their catalog and was impressed with the number of vehicles they provide parts for, it's not a particularly small catalog with it being roughly 160 pages. I'd like us to be able to expand that with several pages of 320 specific parts. As I stated previously, we need to identify our next need for the 320, keeping in mind that whatever we choose, keep in mind that we'll need to provide a sample to the manufacturer. 

Edited by trakker98
Added verbiage

Yes EPDM mainly because of it's excellent resistance to environmental factors such as Ozone, UV and general weathering.

Does anyone have a firewall steering grommet that can serve as a sample? 320 newb, do you have one? I'll look and see if I still have what was left of mine but mine didn't even resemble a grommet. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, trakker98 said:

Yes EPDM mainly because of it's excellent resistance to environmental factors such as Ozone, UV and general weathering.

Does anyone have a firewall steering grommet that can serve as a sample? 320 newb, do you have one? I'll look and see if I still have what was left of mine but mine didn't even resemble a grommet. 

Nope I sadly don't have one. 

4 hours ago, trakker98 said:

Good to hear on the EPDM. I don't have a 320, but I'd be interested in getting some 521 parts reproduced 😁

5 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Good to hear on the EPDM. I don't have a 320, but I'd be interested in getting some 521 parts reproduced 😁

Matt, unless the 521 part will cross over to the 320 then we can approach that otherwise if they don't cross then you would need other 521 owners needing the part in sufficient quantities to make manufacturing cost effective meaning the manufacturer will not likely do a one off.

1 hour ago, trakker98 said:

Conner, as long as the dimensions (holes, inner lips, outer lips, etc...) are true to the OEM part and will fill the proper gaps then you can see if they are suffice for the manufacturer. As far as cutting them in half, I'd be happy if they came whole and I'd cut mine myself.

Heck yeah I'd cut mine too.

@Conner is your model for a column shift or floor shift grommet?

Headlights/round market lights, and tail light gaskets are something else I'd be super interested in.

21 hours ago, trakker98 said:

I do have one, but it is in really bad shape.