Anyone want to buy new 320 vent window rubbers?

ol' 320

OK, I have both left and right sides, but they appear to be different years, the left one I cut appears to be from 1965, the right one I cut is from 1963/64, neither have the lock levers, one has been completely pulled apart and had the exterior pivot rivet cut, the other is still complete except the gasket was removed without taking it apart, it will have to be taken apart to install a gasket.

I do not think these will fit in a large flat rate box, but that box is light duty anyway, I do have a box they will fit in if I cut all the extra un-needed metal off.

Not having the close levers will maybe create an issue on what the closed position is but these are what I have, the springs/nuts on the one can likely be used on the other.

I believe the 1965 arm levers are the same as the late Datsun 521 arm levers but the 320 wingwindow gaskets are the same thru all the 320 years.

004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

320 owner's, we are fast approaching the cutoff for the pre-orders. We are also moving along in the process of bringing the seals to production. The frames are being moved into position to enable fit testing. If I am correct, this is the closest we've been to bringing these seals to production and hope that we can get several more pre-orders from those who spoke up in the past saying they'd buy them if they were to become available. I think some may be confused, by pre-ordering you are not giving up any money at that time but rather showing you are still in need and committed to getting the seals for your 320. Thanks.

• Like 3
On 9/20/2019 at 6:35 AM, mickey1845 said:

ol' 320: Precisely. Why sit around and bicker when we could be contributing towards making things happen? It's not productive, it's not healthy, and frankly it's time that's not very well spent. 

Pre-order form: https://forms.gle/PV5tdZp5K8r23SeG6

The deadline for pre-orders closes on October 15. We'll be collecting a 30% deposit. Once the seals are finished, we'll request the remaining 70% plus shipping. 

And in case anyone didn't see my last post, please drop by to see our booth this November at AAPEX 2019. Las Vegas, Sands Expo Convention Center.  

https://s23.a2zinc.net/clients/glasgow/aapex2019/Public/eBooth.aspx?IndexInList=17&FromPage=Exhibitors.aspx&ParentBoothID=&ListByBooth=true&BoothID=226691

I have a question, how do I order more than one set, I would like to order 3 sets but it doesn't appear that I have that choice in the order form.

• Like 2

I'll have to check with the creator of the form. There was no place for comments? I don't recall.

Ok, the manufacturer is going to make a modification to the form for those that need to order multiple sets. Again the cutoff for pre-orders is 15 Oct-ish so please commit to the number of sets you need and lock in the pre-order price. I remember when I was looking to get these when I first bought my truck and myself and several others were okay with paying significantly higher than the price we are getting these. To soothe any minds wondering, I am personally not making any money on these, was never even talked about. I just want to be able too wash my truck and not have to use a wet vac to get the water out of the cab. I do (because it's only an hour away) intend to spend at least one day at SEMA/AAPEX at the booth, maybe more if I can get the Admirals approval. I'm looking forward to meeting the owner and maybe get some idea's and contacts to help me get my 32O to where I want it. Thanks, 

Jerry

Edited by trakker98
Updated
  • Like 2

Apologies for the inactivity. There's been a lot of work to catch up on, and we're doing our best to get the first test sample finished in time for AAPEX.

A few days ago, I was in a conference call with @ol' 320 (Eric), @trakker98 (Jerry), and AAS's owner, Kitisak. Eric and Jerry will be coming to AAPEX and bringing a 320 window frame so we can test for fitment at the show itself! Quite looking forward to this. If anyone is coming to the show, please drop by -- we'd love to meet you! As we progress further into the project, I or another member of the AAS team will be posting pictures to show how things are coming along. 

Given the condition of the test sample provided to us by Jerry — and our efforts so far — we estimate it'll take 60 days to 180 days until the seals are finalized. It really depends on the results of the first test fitting at AAPEX, which will give us an idea of how much more work we'll need to do.

So if anyone still wants to get their pre-orders in, please click on this link! We'll send everyone a Paypal invoice for the 30% deposits after tha pre-order period. I've received suggestions to extend the deadline until AAS can get some progress pics, which is a good idea. I'll confirm with the owner afterwards.

https://forms.gle/4QzRTAktXaXTCqxx6

On 10/2/2019 at 6:56 AM, wayno said:

I have a question, how do I order more than one set, I would like to order 3 sets but it doesn't appear that I have that choice in the order form.

An oversight on my part. The form has been amended. For anyone who'd like to order multiple sets, please specify your desired order quantity in the last section:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sgLW7XgG2Zr8_bTQCLBH_QCCOXyipbW3jE10UgJ0Plg/edit

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update: we're on track to produce the first test samples for AAPEX. 

And as per suggestions from @ol' 320 and @trakker98, I think it's a good idea for us to extend the pre-order period until 5 days after we post photos of our production process. AAS's owner has some concerns about trade secrets and sensitive information that could be leaked through the photos, but I'm working with him to edit and select photos that we can use.

Thanks again everyone for your patience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, mickey1845 said:

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update: we're on track to produce the first test samples for AAPEX. 

And as per suggestions from @ol' 320 and @trakker98, I think it's a good idea for us to extend the pre-order period until 5 days after we post photos of our production process. AAS's owner has some concerns about trade secrets and sensitive information that could be leaked through the photos, but I'm working with him to edit and select photos that we can use.

Thanks again everyone for your patience!

I don't think AAS has to worry about trade secrets. People have wanted this gaskets forever and no one's been able to pull it off.  

• Like 1
On 10/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, wayno said:

Keep in mind 320 Newb that these secrets mentioned are not 320 wing window gasket specific, they are likely talking about how they make any gasket and little details can be eye opening if another rubber manufacturer sees a raw part.

Eye Opening = Pocketbook Lining !!

• Like 2
On 10/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I am very careful when taking pics. Social media these days is king, but I don't want to show everybody exactly how I do what I do. I stage for pics to show only what I want to show.

Yes. For this reason, we're holding off on the pics of the production/facilities for the time being. 

Also have some good news for everyone. The first prototypes have been completed in time for AAPEX! Very excited to see how the test fitting goes. Thanks everyone for your patience and support. If you're coming to AAPEX, please drop by the AAS booth and say hello! 

https://s23.a2zinc.net/Clients/Glasgow/aapex2019/Public/eBooth.aspx?IndexInList=0&FromPage=Exhibitors.aspx&ParentBoothID=&ListByBooth=true&BoothID=226691

dO5h5xn.jpg

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, mickey1845 said:

The first prototypes have been completed in time for AAPEX! Very excited to see how the test fitting goes. Thanks everyone for your patience and support. If you're coming to AAPEX, please drop by the AAS booth and say hello! 

https://s23.a2zinc.net/Clients/Glasgow/aapex2019/Public/eBooth.aspx?IndexInList=0&FromPage=Exhibitors.aspx&ParentBoothID=&ListByBooth=true&BoothID=226691

dO5h5xn.jpg

Tanik: This post and pic was a lovely surprise today! Kudos to your team for all their hard work to get to this point in the project.

Trakker: When I started this thread in 2011 I wasn't sure we would ever get to this point, but I was hopeful. You get all the credit for picking this project back up and pushing so hard to find a solution. I am looking forward to meeting you in just a few days.

I have the 320 window frames that Wayno donated to this effort all packed in the car and ready to bring to AAPEX for the test fittings Tuesday.

Any Ratsuners going to SEMA/AAPEX: It would be great to meet up at the show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1