521 body mounts

blackdeth666

So after i pulled the body of my truck off for the b/d, I realized that I forgot to measure the thickness of my body mounts. I know the two on the core support are thinner than the ones under the cab, but not sure how much. can one of my fellow ratsuners tell me how thick they are, or better yet, how thick they are supposed to be?? thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can you get the jute material? I had a little piece on my frame, would like to replace all of it.

If these are the 521 body mounts, which I am not entirely sure of anymore, they are approximately 1/2 inch thick, and 2 7/8 inch across.

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

As for the jute material, I would pass on it, as it holds water and rusts the frame, that is always where the most rust damage is.

The body mounts are there to isolate noise from the frame to the cab. When driving over bumps, the frame and the body flex a little, and sometimes the cab would actually hit the frame, and the jute was there to prevent metal to metal contact.

If you put body mounts in a 1/4 inch shorter, the body would hit the frame more often, and you would not really notice the difference, except the cab would lo longer be aligned to the bed of the truck.

• 3 months later...

I will confirm the fit nicely and are the same dementions as the stock 521 body mounts. Autozone was able to order them in for me within a day. I went with the black ones. I think it was around $40 for the two sets. energy suspension 9.4101

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.4101

• Like 1