For Sale: That one Datsun 810 Wagon

datto810.jpg

(need to get some more/better pix up once she is washed... just wanted to stir up interest)

1979 Datsun 810 Wagon, L24E (inline 6) Engine, 4 Speed MT! Title is in my possession... ready to hand it over!

$3200 ***REDUCED*** $2100 obo. Serious offers will not be turned down! SHE HAS TO GO!

Located in Long Beach for viewing! No trades. Straight cash. Serious Inquiries only please! No tire-kickers or dreamers.

It’s that time. She has to go. She has been a great car to me and it’s going to suck seeing her go but she deserves a good chance and a good home. This is probably one of the best examples of a clean Datsun 810 wagon out there! About 90% completed but still requires some TLC to make it a nice-running “project” for you. Why go for an incomplete project Datsun 510 or Z for the same price or more that doesn’t even run or is going to cost a fortune to get where you want it? This is the car you want! This car turns heads everywhere I used to take it! Message me to get my # and come take a look at it!

The Good:

-Strong engine! Runs great! L6 Power! Tranny shifts fine! (previously thought it was starting to slip but feels fine now)

-Professionally re-machined 14x7 Eagle Racing (rare-JDM!) wheels wrapped in Pirelli tires. Includes (1) Extra Eagle Racing Wheel for a Spare (no tire) and Stock Spare Wheel included as well!

-Moon Eyes Steering wheel. Stock Wood Steering Wheel included

-JDM “Champagne-Bubble” Shift Knob. Stock Shift Knob included

-Vitaloni “California” Racing Mirrors

-Moon Eyes Floor Mats

-Lowered 3 inches up front and 2 inches in the back

-Radiator core replaced with a 3-Row Core about a year ago.

-New Thermostat

-New Battery

-New Starter

-New Silverstar Headlights

-Plugs, 8.5mm Wires, Cap and Rotor replaced about a year and half ago

-Original Interior and Dash looks great for its age!

-Body is pretty clean overall! Paint is decent.

-Just Passed Smog!

-Registration up to date! Clean title!

The Not so Good:

-Small dings here and there

-Small Primer “Patch” on driver side door

-Starting to get some rust on rear hatch around the window... should be an easy job for a body/paint guy

-Some trim and the grill may need to be fixed or replaced

-Original radio does not work (antennae)

-AC not hooked up

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't able to get any pix this morning.. it was still too dark. The way this day is going I won't be able to make it home with some daylight.

Here's a short video I took of the engine bay about 2 years ago. Still runs great. Still looks the same minus the OPTIMA battery which was replaced.

If it MUST GO that bad put 1500$

then the $1500 guy will be pennyless when it does car breaks.(ends in back yard)

Is a nice car. But if in a rush your not going to get a better buyer for it that will take care of it.

I would BUY it fro 1500 for sure if you lived close by and save this

Thanks for your opinion albeit not useful and pretty dumb to boot. You WOULD buy it for $1500? Haha... Shoulda-coulda-woulda. Sorry if I am coming off a little pissy. But I'm pretty sure you're inquiry or whatever the above post is.. is not a serious offer. If you were to actually approach me with crinkly $1500 worth of paper in a serious attempt to purchase this vehicle.. then maybe I would consider your attempt and maybe we could wheel and deal. Once again I apologize if I came off as rude... but telling me to price a car I am selling here way below what I asked is not very constructive especially when it was not a serious inquiry. That just kinda pisses me off. Hope you and everyone understands...

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

I have been getting a few requests for more shots of the engine bay and interior.. so here it goes:

engine.jpg

engine2.jpg

jnc1.jpg

jnc2.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah. Can't do any trades right now. Kinda need this gone ASAP (without getting totally raped) so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with her. Almost tempted to just pull the wheels off and junk the car for a couple hundred bucks...

key is you want it gone 3 weeks ago and Ratsuners have no money

Not true. :)

If I didn't already have an overflowing garage, I'd be all over this - That thing is sweet as hell, and fits in with the Ratsun crowd, the VIP crowd, and maybe even the herrafrush retards.

Old enough to be old-school, but new enough to be reliable. Best of both worlds. :cool:

Zeto, shoot me a PM. I may know some people... Thanks man.

^ haha... ^

I was wondering when someone else would chime in about that...

Thanks, Brother... will shoot you a PM in a bit.

Have had a few looky-looers come out and look at her the past week. Really wanted her gone this week but it looks like I may be stuck with her for a bit longer. At this point I just wish I could keep her rather than have a bunch of people who are unappreciative of such a nice/rare Datto come out and look at her and say: "It's not a 510?"... But alas. I'm in a position where I just got to let her go. Thanks for looking guys!

such a great ride zeto! It is one of those strange birds that just the right buyer has to have the hots for. So a sale can take a while. Most new guys hunting for a Datsun car are looking for something with a Z or a 5 in the name. And those that already have a 510 or Z car are usually trying to find the time to work on it and have money tied up in it.So something like this is often a "I'd love to have one someday just like this, maybe after I finish my Dime!" scenerios. But it isn't that it is not totally BADASS.

But hot damn this would be a sweet car. The stance, the wheels, the stickers the attitude. You have done a great job with it and made more folks than ever appreciate this ignored design in the Datsun world. As I am about to go out to my driveway to work on my 2004 Mazda minivan, I can't help but think how much cooler it would be if I were going out to work on this! I wish I had it.

The way I can equate it is that, If I were to draw an 810 goon, it would look just like this. You've done it proud.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.