Datsun 510 16x9? stock body

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been looking at doing 16x9 on my stock body with rolled fenders, so

I have 280zx struts up front on coilovers the works. So this is the spec I get, think this

would work?

Front 280zx struts 16x9 offset of -19 might have to use a little spacer too?

Rear 16x9 offset of -12?

^ the aswer is no, its not hard.

Feal good about fitting 8", I had to roll the shat out if my sunny to even kind fit, even tgen in hard corners I got plenty of rubby rub.

I think you might be able to do it if you run -25 and do pie cuts to the arch and fill it in with some sheet. -25 would give you the equivalent of a 16 x 8 0et and hopefully not hit the shock tower.

I think most of the guys with 280zx struts and 16x8 +0 wheels need to run at least a +10mm spacer

.... so that would be like a 16x9 -25 or more ... maybe need another spacer ..... . and that 510 above with flares can't even fit a 16x9 -13 in the front . . . .. :rolleyes:

I have the same 15x7 +0 wheels 195/45/15 tires ....... . no coilovers,,, notched body for more control arm travel ... .. mini-tubs ....

everything rubs when I tried a 10mm spacer ... . the "bump" on the inside of the 4 door rear wheel well would need to be cut out,, and its the door jam . :blink:

This is with no spacers ... . 15x7 +0 Drag DR20 ... ..

6293603038_3f719438af_o.jpg

I guess this is relevant... .. 16x9 +15 (positive 15mm offset) .. with streched 225/40/16 Falken 512's ... no spacers ... rim lip hits fender lip:

6052195614_8f1ff827b1_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok I have been looking at doing 16x9 on my stock body with rolled fenders, so

I have 280zx struts up front on coilovers the works. So this is the spec I get, think this

would work?

Front 280zx struts 16x9 offset of -19 might have to use a little spacer too?

Rear 16x9 offset of -12?

so whatever happened here? ever fit them?

• 1 month later...

Yes I will fit them, I got done with my roll cage end of November and I have been doing my AW11 rack and pinion swap and I have just had a lot of little problems with it, but it will be done here soon and then I'll get to the wheels! Might paint the car first before I get the wheels tho! I've been on a tight budget the last 2 months or I would have done the wheels already! Sorry people we all just have to wait a bit, but I I'll do and share with u all!

Thanks for all the great post too! I just added pics of the cage and one of the unfinished rack if u want to check out! I might be building rack & pinion swaps for 510's after this too! They will be better then the one I'm doing now this is just the demo/ problem solver one, then I'll mock up a full custom and front tube crossmember!

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate a car/truck with a good offset wheel, but not a slammed on the ground, tires exploding from rubbing on the fenders, speed bump scraping undrivable hunk of turdblink.gif I prefer function over form.

Cool contribution bro <_<

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

whats up lofte? its cory

with a 16x9 youd probably have to run more camber than the 15x9, since itll be taller.

i found this on ozdat or on here cant remember.. but this sure looks close to a 9 inch wide wheel.

dsc00100eg.jpg

even if it doesnt fit without lots of camber, why not? you can always change it.. not everybody finds a 7 inch wheel exciting.

doesnt flush (almost) look so much better than not flush??

15x8.5%252520%25252B15%252520195%25252050%252520tires%252520tucked%252520in.jpg

Thats my bomb with the holey gaurd. Wheel is a 15x8.5 -7

DSC01834.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...