Datsun 510 16x9? stock body

Ok I have been looking at doing 16x9 on my stock body with rolled fenders, so

I have 280zx struts up front on coilovers the works. So this is the spec I get, think this

would work?

Front 280zx struts 16x9 offset of -19 might have to use a little spacer too?

Rear 16x9 offset of -12?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're gonna need flares with wheels that wide and offsets that negative.

No Flares I will get the fender roller out and the TORCH and go crazy on my old

Girl before I ever look at a flares, I love the stock look but slammed and I can

stretch a tire like no ones business!!!!

No chance!

i run 15x8 0 offset fronts with slight flared fibreglass fenders and 8.5 -7 rears with modded rear door jams (4door) and flared metal gaurds. They barely fit. tyres are 195/45/15

imageshack album

The mods for the rear are to remove a step in the door jam so its all flat. Step was cut and both sides bent flat and rewelded.

No chance!

i run 15x8 0 offset fronts with slight flared fibreglass fenders and 8.5 -7 rears with modded rear door jams (4door) and flared metal gaurds. They barely fit. tyres are 195/45/15

imageshack album

The mods for the rear are to remove a step in the door jam so its all flat. Step was cut and both sides bent flat and rewelded.

You dont happen to have anymore pics of that process do you? It would be nice to know what is involved in doing something like this on my wagon.

Ya I'm running 15x8 all around and I have room to go and I have a fender rolling machine and that will make your problems go away, got welder and all the fab gear u would need to build a 510, I just want to see peoples opinons on this! I'm doing my roll cage and rack & pinion swap right now, but will be putting on 16x9's after that! I'll start to up load pics too so people can see this swap and how to done it.... I already have the place to make me custom wheels any offset I need!

I have a fender rolling machine and that will make your body lines go away

Fixed :lol:

Your q: can they fit the stock body

Only a: no

But you can cut and stretch it till the bingo parlor closes (cows come home), but they look best stock, or close to it.

7's just aint cuttin it eh?

• Like 1

Then I'll go Mcfly on my girl, I have a sr20det all v-band turbo set up and a disco potato gt2860rs at 270-390hp and I run the 270hp because I have no tracksion still with 8" wide wheels! Ok so is everyone ready for this rack & pinion swap use a 1st Gen MR2 maneul rack & pinion same as u carolla as I can see but MR2 hella cheaper to buy new or used, so MR2 rack, 2 toyota cressida drivers side inner tie rods off like a 87, and the finally is 2 datsun 510 passager side tie rod ends this is how u do it, but you got to have the 280zx front struts! That is it and then fab it in! I also have a flipped front crossmember because of the sr20det and that makes the swap easier or if u got a KA24DE!

The fender roller u can go 1" it's hard to do tho, I would tell u to take your paint off and us a torch and the roller and u can maybe get 1 1/2 I'm hoping I have got that much on 240sx with just a heat guy on the paint! The fender rolls are $180 off line and so worth it, I have paid this machine off 6 times by now from all my friends fenders I have rolled these are no easy to use tho, ok so this is the trick to learning the fender rolling machine bring it Yo a wracking yard lol!!!!

So i have 15x9 on my 510 right now, just have to order my 16x9's now. You can go to my Gallery to see the 15x9's i have on my car there a 0 offset and I'm running a 10mm spacer in the front. So on my 16x9's I'm going to do 16x9 +6 in front and 16x9.5 -6 in the rear is my plan now, and I'm going to stretch the life out of the tires like I did on the 15x9's..... GO to my gallery to see pics, i dont know how to load a pic to a forum page LOL

The question the op had was will they fir in the stock wheel wells, I dont think they do, your running some camber out back, and it looks like your fenders are rolled aswell.

Anyone consider that a "stock " wheel well? I consider a stock wheel well as an unmolested lip with no roll, maybe im being to literal.

My .02

If you are loosing traction a wider wheel won't help. you need more tire. my sr car has the same problem that's why I bought a flared shell for my sr. Streching some 195's or 205's are not going to cut it inless they are r compound.

When me and sssr20det took our sr cars to the drag strip his 60ft killed mine because I was running 195 50 14 and he was running 215 40 16's

• Like 2

whats up lofte? its cory

with a 16x9 youd probably have to run more camber than the 15x9, since itll be taller.

i found this on ozdat or on here cant remember.. but this sure looks close to a 9 inch wide wheel.

dsc00100eg.jpg

even if it doesnt fit without lots of camber, why not? you can always change it.. not everybody finds a 7 inch wheel exciting.

doesnt flush (almost) look so much better than not flush??

15x8.5%252520%25252B15%252520195%25252050%252520tires%252520tucked%252520in.jpg

med_gallery_10821_1040_59576.jpg

thanks for the pic fisch

sorry dude hate to break it to ya but those rims in this picture are not 9 inches wide

your taking about how you dont have traction like dislexic said wider rime isnt gonna do it you need a bigger contact patch there is just no possible way even with rolling the fenders you will get the contact patch you will need to get what your looking for

• Like 1

Ok I have been looking at doing 16x9 on my stock body with rolled fenders, so

I have 280zx struts up front on coilovers the works. So this is the spec I get, think this

would work?

Front 280zx struts 16x9 offset of -19 might have to use a little spacer too?

Rear 16x9 offset of -12?

This is a 16x9 -13 .. .. no spacers ...... and the tire is hitting the strut tube:

510485.JPG

1116.jpg

1113.jpg

5148.jpg

• Like 2