My S30

Pleadingbark

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CarCurrent2.jpg

Then again, it does have an LS1 so it qualifies for the club. :) Honestly, leave it alone. I only have a black hood because it came black. My stock hood was orange but I was having overheating issues on my old L28ET setup. I bought the 1978 vented hood to help with the overheating and it came black. I added the center cowl accent to match my paint job. I plan on painting it in the future.

Hate it. Needs more Ratness to it. I need you to like paint the hood rattle can black or something. Need you to kick a sidemarker off and let it dangle on the wires.

Or do moose stuff to it.

Haha, the screw on the passenger side has backed out a few times and its been dangling.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those wheels look good, looking classy pleadingbark.

I wish rota had old school style wheels with negative offsets. Everything looks narrow on this zx tank.

These are also avail -5/-15 and the alecias are the say offset. Rota finally is realizing not everyone wants positive offset wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an l28. Has a header and a cam. Should be good for around 160-170 I'd figure

I dynoed my f54/p79 junkyard engine (unknown miles) combo with a MSA 3-2-1 header fidanza flywheel and round top SU's running 34 degrees total advance and 2 inch exhaust and made 150 ft/lbs of torque from 2500 rpm to 5000rpm and 143hp all with the stock cam and running a bit rich. Depending on which l28 you have and how big the cam is I think 170 or more is totally possible. I made 26hp more then the 280zx at the wheels from the factory so I'm happy can't wait to get rid of the 3.36 rear gears :) good luck with your z it looks awesome

I dynoed my f54/p79 junkyard engine (unknown miles) combo with a MSA 3-2-1 header fidanza flywheel and round top SU's running 34 degrees total advance and 2 inch exhaust and made 150 ft/lbs of torque from 2500 rpm to 5000rpm and 143hp all with the stock cam and running a bit rich. Depending on which l28 you have and how big the cam is I think 170 or more is totally possible. I made 26hp more then the 280zx at the wheels from the factory so I'm happy can't wait to get rid of the 3.36 rear gears :) good luck with your z it looks awesome

Not sure on the size of the cam, but running the triple webers should pick up some HP. Luckily they are tuned for an l28 with a cam already so I should be in business.

• 3 months later...