80 Datsun 210 project

abner501

Back in February I bought this little 210 as little gas saver for $500. I intended to restore it back then but other stuff came up but here reciently i tore it the project. i started with overhauling the motor along with engine bay the car only had 97k on it when i bought it but about a month later the odometer quit working. But her she is as of now and pics on what i done so far.

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Then i started all the body work because the car was riddled in dents and the paint job had so many runs its hard to believe.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

And thats the jist of it. I already primered it and am finished with all the body work. I also bought a weber dgev 32/36 to place on it pics coming soon on that. I had to repair almost all interiot wiring because when i got the car the only lights that worked was the headlights. So at night time i had to us a lighter to see my speedometer lol. But thats all good now. Now im tackling the interior and stuff like that. There is quit a bit of stuff in need to do the seats are all torn carpet is all shot plastic broken and I need components like the ac heater controls blower motor with squirrel cage ignition switch. I have had no luck finding any parts out of a junk yard. Any help would be appreciated. thanks for viewing

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah but its not blue any more just primered it. Thinking about painting it white and black two tone whit black interior also would any one know a steering column that's has that will fit. I have an 86 pulsar that the tranny just went out with power steering would it fit?

Lol yeah but its not blue any more just primered it. Thinking about painting it white and black two tone whit black interior also would any one know a steering column that's has that will fit. I have an 86 pulsar that the tranny just went out with power steering would it fit?

No it won't fit. It might be made to fit with modifications. Your 210 has regular steering box and idler arm. The pulsar is R&P and power assist on top of that! Apples and oranges different. 210s are light and you almost don't need assist with it.

They only problem I have with the car I'm having is when I shut it off. The motor continues to rotate with out fire my timing and idle is great ant it has a weber 32/36. Any ideas would be appreciated.

i dont know about webers, but on a stock carb this would mean the anti-dieseling solenoid is either disconnected or out.