1. Bookmarks>Bookmark manager

2. Click whatever bookmark you want to get rid of

3. Delete button

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou guys, I kept clicking on things in the tools section, and found something that said import "book marks", so I took a chance and followed my nose, and it worked out, all my favorites were suddenly in google chrome.

There was a 50% chance I would have lost them all, but it worked out this time.

I have also been noticeing that I will read a thread, but it doesn't show being read when I go back to the home page, there are all sorts of weird things going on, when I use IE, they show read after I have read them.

This google chrome is a new thing I have to learn, and it takes me time to learn it.

Glad you are figuring things out.

Odd about the marking things read. No matter where I read ratsun what I have read is marked. On my phone, computer or friends computer. What does not transfer to other computers is going to first unread.

• 10 months later...

Thread revival, I seem to have an issue, when I try to up load photos onto picasa, some of the early photos seem to be for a better word, lost.

What I mean is I can see the thumbnail size photo I want, but when I down loaded it, another photo was there when finished.

So I got this bright idea to move the photos into there own folder, sorta isolating them, but when I opened that folder, I no longer had my original photos, I had what was downloading into picasa.

So basically my photos of the original 520 when I bought it are gone, lucky for me that I posted these photos on ratsun, so I went back to the thread and downloaded them back onto my computer.

I have no idea how many of my photos are gone now, is there anything I can do?

I suppose I could do a recovery, but then I will loose all my recent stuff, any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Another thread revival, I have an issue with "microsoft essentials", every few days I have to completely shut it down, it makes my hard drive go beserk and locks everything up, but if I go to the task manager and end the process about 3 times in a row, it will finally calm down, and the CPU usage finally drops to basically zero instead of 50+ percent.

Today I have had no issues since I shut it down, but I have no protection, there is a conflict I believe, at least that is what the sites say when I look up the process to find out what it is.

So if I never go hardly anywhere except craigslist, ebay, the mini forum, ozdat, photolame, picasa, and here on Ratsun, am I going to have trouble, it's so much better with it shut down?

The offending process is MsMpEng.exe, I just started the process to to see the process title, and now I am having issues again, it just gets old after a while.

Is Microsoft Security Essentials the only security software youre running?- or have been running before?

It is the only thing I believe is supposed to be running, but I had to shut it down again just now, it locks up my computer, or makes everything happen really slow, so now I have no security ATM again, but I have not had any today anyway, as I shut it down soon after I logged on today.

Imagine every time you click on something, it takes 5 seconds or more to do anything at all, and then when it does do something, all you get is a blank green screen for a while till it finally loads, but if I shut down the process, everything happens immediately.

• 3 months later...

OK guys, I have a new issue that has been happening for a couple weeks now, my screen shimmers now, the more windows I have open, the more I notice it, it actually kinda vibrates/shimmers/gets blurry.

The computer is very slow sometimes also, the more it shimmers, the slower the computer.

I don't shut the computer off much anymore, when I leave it on, I don't have the locking up issues I have mentioned in the posts above with the anti-virus program when starting the computer, if leave the computer on, no more of them issues.

The more windows you have open, the more memory your computer has to monitor.  Each window image is stored somewhere, so when you switch to that window, the computer can quickly put it on the screen, and it also has to keep the program running that is associated with that window.

Lets say you have a word processor, and an E-mail program open at the same time.  The computer is constantly checking if a key was pressed, and do i now have to put that character on the screen? 

At the same time, did I get an E-mail coming in?  Do I need to run the e-mail through an anti virus program? 

I need to stuff some data into memory for a little bit.  Where is some open memory?  No open memory?  What can I write over?  If i need that data, I need to write it to the hard disk, for later use.

Sometimes the computer does not mark if the data sitting in memory is really important, or can be overwritten.  So the memory gets filled up.  Now the computer has to write every bit of information to the hard disk.  That slows the computer down. 

Restarting or shutting the computer down clears all the memory the computer uses for fast data movement.  Closing any window  you are not using also releases the computer of having to check that program.  Closing a program generally tells the computer all the memory that program was using is now available.

Microsoft Windows is not really good at keeping track of the memory in use, and not in use.  It tends to fill the memory up, and is not really efficient in using memory.  Microsoft windows is also not real good at not overwriting the memory the computer is using for the operating system, that was loaded in the memory of the computer when you turn it on.  This is what causes the computer to freeze, or give you the "blue screen of death"