the parts car

013.jpg

012.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha you would be the 6th person besides myself to have a car there, all is just an old chicken barn i thinks its something like 26' wide by 300' long

027.jpg

heres an outside pic from a couple years ago and thats only the back half

Imported cars brining the value down? Remember, he's in Canada so those Fords and S10s are imported ... from Ontario.

yup Ontario the other country north of the states :lol:

uhmm Grahem that other 1000 would be cool as a racer for the shits and giggles :cool:

lol the fords aren't mine, the green s10 is my 4x4 bush truck and the blue one is my winter beater, the red/black one got crushed years ago. the parts 1000 might end up with an a-13 if i get motivated but there are alot of other projects before that i should attend to.

• 5 months later...

Love the 1000s, have a few of my own.

Datsun1000.JPG

Datsun1000-2.JPG

I have a third one with a rotary swap, but no pics.

For info on parts and repair try datsun1000.com

It's a small group of mostly Aussies, but there are a couple of Canadians and one American that I know of.

They have quite a lot of 1000s especially utes in Australia and New Zealand.

Brock

Nice to see a thread bump on this. I love these cars! Funny, I have the first model Datsun 1000. A 1959. I was telling some british car guy how rare it was, and he pointed to this version of the 1000 as if to call BS on me! Totally different animal!

The 1959 Datsun 1000 was a Bluebird, the first to be marketed as a Bluebird. The Datsun Sunny 1000 came in 1966 as a smaller, more affordable car than the Bluebird. Seems hard to imagine now, but at the time most familes in Japan could not afford a Datsun until the Sunny line came out. It was marketed as "my car" the first real 4-place car everyone could afford.

• 4 months later...

hey there this is derrick from alberta i have the blue 1000 thats under going major work. id like to see more.

also the clutch master is the same as a 510 clutch master mine was buggered 2.

here is my car as of now

6fb4f879.jpg

if you ever sell i will buy them off you i want to build 2 not to be greedy one original and one a little modified

the clutch master is the same as a 510 clutch master

Clutch master? All the ones I've seen have mechanical clutch linkage. Maybe someone converted yours to hydraulic clutch linkage?

The brake master cylinder is the same as a Datsun 1200, however there are four different ones.

i used a clutch master and slave off a 620 i think, the slave only has one bolt holding it on tho, i will keep you in mind if i decide to sell them apparently your brother has been to my shop to pick up some suzuki stuff.

• 8 months later...

well im losing some of my shop space so the parts 1000 has been sold to derrick, its nice to know its going to a good home. As for my original car it had been sitting since 2010 and the brakes had locked up, i primed the carb and put a good battery in and it fired right up, I love this little car. I will post some pics of moving the parts car later tonight, space was tight so i got creative.

here is what I started with

015.jpg

got my car running and moved back, then dollied/ pallet jacked the parts car out

P3090039_zps13c55bbb.jpg

P3090040_zpsc8f2d67d.jpg

by this time I was alone at my shop but I wanted to get the car outside so I had to improvise a bit

P3090047_zps283b456c.jpg

P3090048_zps7d3d9467.jpg

P3090049_zps66c10cd0.jpg

P3090050_zps88a89456.jpg