• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the love everyone :)

Sorry charie69, I didnt get any footage. I think the forming was done by the time you asked.

and Wayno I suffer from project a.d.d. bouncing around in my shed between 50 different things rarely finishing one completly!

The 521 has been sitting for a week or so now, I have a pretty gnar oil leak that I need to address. Leaves about a 6" circle everytime I park it. Maybe a rear main? or just a pan gasket I havent inspected it too closly.

I am the same, I get them running and then I seem to switch to the "NEXT" mode.

I like making my creations(the fitment, welding, wiring, putting it together), but I dislike doing the actual body work to finish them, once they are derivable I am looking for something else to do.

Thanks for the love everyone :)

Sorry charie69, I didnt get any footage. I think the forming was done by the time you asked.

and Wayno I suffer from project a.d.d. bouncing around in my shed between 50 different things rarely finishing one completly!

The 521 has been sitting for a week or so now, I have a pretty gnar oil leak that I need to address. Leaves about a 6" circle everytime I park it. Maybe a rear main? or just a pan gasket I havent inspected it too closly.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been showing the truck a little love... Traded my 4.11 gears for some 3.70's. much better for cruising! While It was all apart I replaced the u-joints, well head them done. and got in there with some fresh paint to get her lookin sharp B)

031D067A-6DBF-43CE-A24F-C1E7417A19BC.jpg

Since I was in there, I decided to open up this hole a little bit...

F2B34E7C-7B68-4EA8-9243-E19CB879DB54.jpg

883FE419-9526-4C29-8B06-7A8947D42A00.jpg

CFC6D8FA-98F2-400A-988E-540269AEE5DE_2.j Kind of a pain in the ass, did it in the driveway with only the rear end jacked up.... but its done now. I just need to relocate a brake line now then I can get my exhaust all the way out the back!

AND... I got my canopy all shortened up. I love it!

C8F55A25-7BC6-4096-8E0E-1A6D7ADD7BAE.jpg

• Like 13
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How wide was the bracket you had to weld to the frame for the 510 rear sub?

There is actually 3 different brackets holding it on, the 2 in the front are a 5"x5" pad outside the frame rails, the factory 510 subframe bolts to these. Then the one in the back spans the width of the frame inside to inside, with two ears that bolt to the rear mount (leaf spring thingy). Not sure the exact width of it all, it was more of a matter of connecting A to B.

Truck looked great at the meet, good to see you again. See ya at Canby, get some foam for the seats.   :D

is this making it to canby next month? 

id love to see it again!!!

thanks man! she needs a tune up but I think ill make it down there. Most definitely getting some FAT memory foam haha!

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Jester! knock on wood, front brakes and coilovers are still kickin' ass. I've had a handful of lowered cars/trucks and this is by far the best ride! I haven't jacked it up and inspected it in a few months, but I got an alignment done the day before I left for canby and everything checked out. I took it schwab and They corrected the toe alignment, but didn't mess with the camber.... which was almost 2 degrees different side to side. He said he didnt want to mess with it because the tires were so close to the fenders. I didnt like that but it was already off the rack and they had another truck on by the time I went to pick it up. I cant really tell by the way it drives but it kinda bugs me just knowing. I should probably bring it back and complain.

• Like 1

I don't think it is laziness,, the workers/ alignment guys there are told not to do anything out of the ordinary by the people that pay them.  They usually have less experiance than the smaller shop guys,,, not a bad thing,, just the people in charge want to keep the liability of ground down tires to a minimum...

It might go without saying but,, but because of their hair "requirements", you probably already know i could have never worked for the Schwab.

I don't think it is laziness,, the workers/ alignment guys there are told not to do anything out of the ordinary by the people that pay them.  They usually have less experiance than the smaller shop guys,,, not a bad thing,, just the people in charge want to keep the liability of ground down tires to a minimum...

It might go without saying but,, but because of their hair "requirements", you probably already know i could have never worked for the Schwab.

Cause the scwab guys #1 are lazy fucks sometimes #2 they normally wont align anything that isnt to factory specifications

This is not true.  until you have worked there, you don't know.

I work for schwabs. I am an alignment tech. I also do breaks, ball joints, tie rods and more.  Yes we hook up your heaps of shit to a machine, and the machine tells us what the factory specs SHOULD be.  However, I was taught by the guy thats been there for 20 years, you align the shit to make it right, and leave notes as an out.  Such as, camber/caster adjustments maxed out, evened them up to avoid a pull.  set toe to factory specs.

I have aligned slammed out cars, air bagged cars etc. Sometimes you just can't get the camber back to spec. Fuck it, do what you can to make it the best you can, and get going.  Your tie rod can be shoved up your enemies asshole, no fucks given.  I don't care if your tie rod is so fucked up ti falls off on you 2 miles down the road. That shit will get aligned, and you will get a recommendation to fix the fucker.  I aligned a pathfinder today that was 2 degrees negative on the passenger front tire.  I can safely add three 8th inch shims before getting short on the threads for the upper control arm bolts.  I added all three and it brought it to negative .9....  Oh fucking well.  Basically told him he drives a busted ass piece of shit, because it was.  V8 swapped rusted heap of shit with the motor mount bolts falling out of it, no joke. the bumper took a dive when I hit a bump.  It was cobbled together. I have pics.

Some camber wont hurt you, caster won't wear the tires at all. Toe out or in will wear the FUCK out of your tires.  Add some camber to the toe being out, and you have yourself a tire that will wear on the inside or out, and people call it camber wear, even tho it usually isn't.  This goes for saying a degree or two.  Fuck the mini coopers call for 2 degrees of camber, stock.

Now if you bring your pile into a les schwabs as they say oh we can't align it, then THAT is just them being a lazy fuck all.  Setup an alignment at the Warrenton les schwabs, ask that Tim does it, and I will align it for you.  Long as we put it in the notes, we have an out saying that its been lowered blah blah.

Take no offense. After working there a while now, i call every car a piece of shit because, well they fucking are.  Even mine. Giant ass heap of shit. 

I should also note, I guess every store is ran different, too.  Maybe the guys up there are a bunch of policy hugging fuck faces.

• Like 2