My 521 down in the lab...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Progress progress!!! I decided to do the valve giude seals on my current motor rather than building up the other one. Hopefully that helps with the smoking. Then got it back on the frame!

DSC01086.jpg

and THEN...

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01098.jpg

a hood cowl is in order to clear that motor! just going to go no hood for a while

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

I was worried about tunnel clearance but theres NO problem!

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

Now I can fab up the steering and finish the inner fenders, then its back apart to paint the bay and underbody. I did some precision tugging on the front fenders and got more clearance out of them but still need to work on the rears. The fuel fill compartment has to go because the tires bottomed out on it. Then the door will get shaved.

Diesel, tattoos are good! come get one. and have you cut up your cab yet? make sure not to scrap that door pillar!!!

• Like 1

As always, thanks for the complements guys. I really keeps me motivated!

no i have not cut it up yet im still waiting for you to come over and mark it out.... haha... maybe in the next couple of weeks...

Yeah dude! or maybe i'll just show up with my trusty cutoff wheel :w00t:

jizz

in

my

paaaaannts...

i declare youre never allowed to have a hood on this sexy beast... i love how the engine peeks out!

I may be the biggest procrastinator on earth, so once the truck is on the road it probably wont ever see a hood!

The build looks really good man. I love seeing people go into shit blind and pull it off as well as you have. Quick question though. How did you decide onn the angle for your coilovers. Did you just set them in between the two arms where they had the most space and build the brackets to hold them there? Something more fabricator fancy technique style? Just curious.

The build looks really good man. I love seeing people go into shit blind and pull it off as well as you have. Quick question though. How did you decide onn the angle for your coilovers. Did you just set them in between the two arms where they had the most space and build the brackets to hold them there? Something more fabricator fancy technique style? Just curious.

Thank you! They were a tight squeeze between the upper control arm and mount, and also the sway bar. I basically set them in there and went with the most lean angle I could get and still have clearance.

Well been doing some little details. here we go

IMG_20120117_103641.jpg

IMG_20120117_103745.jpg

IMG_20120117_111115.jpg

IMG_20120117_115529.jpg

It was a tight sqeeze in the lab! its been snowing pretty good here so I'm doing what i can. I got it welded and smoothed out now but I didnt grab a pic! Then I hammered the rear fenders out a bit to clear the tires. Its a tight fit! also finished my single wiper setup last night I will get pics of that up aswell. I pumped on it!

Does anyone locally have an aftermarket steering wheel they want to sell for cheap? I swapped in a column from an unmentioned brand truck (I needed a rag joint because of the BD) so now I'm on a hunt for a 3 bolt steering wheel such as grant. so far I found this, I'm thinking about it.....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2803726662.html

***Pics soon of the new steering setup****

It actually went quite smoothly, with my adventure starting at pick n pull. $35, lots of head scratching, and a day later I have a sweet steering setup! With a removable rag joint that will make it oh so easy to unbolt the ehaust now! shit! and no more torsion bars I could unbolt the exhaust in my sleep!