320 truck windshields and windshield gaskets

wayno

I don't have a 320, but here's an idea~ would 'your' guy consider sharing the application of the donor glass? Then those of limited means could find their own local source and not have shipping....

Just a thought~

Scott

It is a trade secret I was told, fact is that all they do is take a used windshield from your vehicle, and search there warehouse for something close and cut it from that, but the trick is finding someone that won't charge you for searching when they already know what to cut it out of.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, anybody has any recommendations about storing the window?. it will be a moment before i get around to installing it so i need to put it on the shelf for a little while and my wife is also nagging that the couch isnt a good place to put the window so i said "well, why not!?" dry.gif .... lets just say im either going to have to look for a new spot to put the window, or get a new window :lol:

im thinking bubble wrap or a blanket wrap and put it up on a shelf or up between the rafters in the garage.

so, anybody has any recommendations about storing the window?. it will be a moment before i get around to installing it so i need to put it on the shelf for a little while and my wife is also nagging that the couch isnt a good place to put the window so i said "well, why not!?" dry.gif .... lets just say im either going to have to look for a new spot to put the window, or get a new window :lol:

im thinking bubble wrap or a blanket wrap and put it up on a shelf or up between the rafters in the garage.

Just put it somewhere where it won't get broke. :lol: :lol: I put mine in the back of a closet, where no one else goes. I suspect the safest place is out of reach in the rafters in your garage. wayno

• 3 weeks later...

I have two NL320 truckettes, both '65s; one is a 'shop find' not driven since 1999 and is functional and decent to look at, the other black and rough; will be 'rodded' with Nissan parts, eventually.

I am in need of one 'Sports Truck" windshield, wondering about availability -- I assumed there is none!

Also restoring a '71 240 for street, some mods.

Wick Humble

How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car; in print since 1991!

I have two NL320 truckettes, both '65s; one is a 'shop find' not driven since 1999 and is functional and decent to look at, the other black and rough; will be 'rodded' with Nissan parts, eventually.

I am in need of one 'Sports Truck" windshield, wondering about availability -- I assumed there is none!

Also restoring a '71 240 for street, some mods.

Wick Humble

How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car; in print since 1991!

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I'm a little late on this but I'm kinda new here on Datsun. I just broke my windshield on my 1965 nl320 truck & sick about it. Hope someone can. Point me in the righ direction. Thx

It would cost a hundred and something to ship one down there, even though I have one to sell you, it would be better if you contacted "Kotto auto glass", you need to talk to Eddy, his number is (800)810-4933, he is the one that cut the windsheilds for us, maybe he can cut another one for you down there. He lives somewhere close to Orange Ca.

There is a place over in Austrailia called "Scotts old auto rubber",

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=scott's%20old%20rubber&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scottsoldautorubber.com.au%2F&ei=s9tOT56tCObHmQXP6JGQCg&usg=AFQjCNGbzYanWtjIP3nRyWj6TtJ_3glLHg

they have sold 320 windshield gaskets to a few guys over here, my pickup has one also, Mike bought one before I bought the NL320 from him.

When I had all these 320 windshields made, eddy also made me a 320 gasket, he also made me a 1966 datsun 520 windshield and gasket at the same time, so if you have him cut you a windshield, beg him to make you a gasket also, BTW, they are not free, I paid quite a bit for my two gaskets, but it was still cheaper than getting them from overseas.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, I just ordered 5 windshield gaskets for the 320 from the guy that cut the windsields, I think I will be able to sell the extras for $120.00 each plus shipping, if a bunch of you want them, I can order more, so let me know if you are interested. wayno

Are these 320 windshield rubbers or something else that fits. Or does he make them, sounds like this guy is pretty talented .