320 truck windshields and windshield gaskets

wayno

I have just been informed that I have seven 320 windshield gaskets on the way, and I will have one NL320 rear window gasket to sell, along with the two L320 rear window gaskets I have for sale.

All gaskets are $120.00 each plus shipping($15.00), and it's $240.00 for a set plus shipping($15.00) to the lower 48 states.

wayno

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

You have never installed one before?

This is hard to explain, but I will give it a shot.

Install the gasket on the windshield, that groove will have significant amounts of rubber on both sides of the glass once installed, now you put a thin piece of nylon string(long piece) on the inside of the windshield groove all the way around, I start in the middle bottom, now set the windshield in position trying to put the bottom groove over the metal strip it's supposed to be on, once your happy that the windshield is centered, then you pull up on the string and pull the rubber onto the other side of the metal strip an inch at a time, get the whole bottom done before you move to the sides.

When you get to the corners, you will have to use a medium flat screw driver to help the rubber past the metal strip on both sides, just carefully pry it over the metal strip and pull the string at the same time, now once you start up the sides you will have to pull a little string, and then go outside and push down/in on the windshield a little to help it a little, you need to do this the rest of the way around the windshield, pull some string, push in the the windshield, don't push so hard as you think you will break the glass, just help it in, you should end in the top center of the windshield, once the string is out I just keep pushing in on the windshield till the rubber looks like it should all the way around.

I hope this helps you, be careful to not push to hard.

I have even used auto wire before, but it is stiffer, you should use nylon string.

The gasket is new correct?

Warm it up also, it needs to be warm and soft.

• Like 1

We'll I got that bad boy in but man that by no means was an easy task lol... Maybe I havnt put in enough glass In my time, but all said and done it fits perfect, and looks perfect. This was the glass and seal that I received from Wayno.. I know this post started like 2 years ago, but I'm now finally to this point of my build.. So thankful for all of the resources I've came across on this site!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mceefarlane:

I don't remember the profile but I can tell you I bought the best that is available from Scott's Old Rubber. I participated in Wayne's windshield group buy, and I would have bought one if his gaskets but I already had one shipped from Scotts. The quality of the rubber in this Australian gasket is incredible. Modern ozone resistant rubber. The only thing is for those of us in the USA shipping from Scotts is high, and then you have to deal with the currency conversion. Those should not be a problem for you:)

www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Sacramento California.  I had originally all the parts for my 320, but sold them to Dave, Mike, Ted, Ken, and Cadillac Pat the last few years.

I have been raising my kids so I havent been active in the Dat community for a bit.

But I'm back in the game and nearly finished with the 63 NL320, just need to get the rare parts again somehow :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been working with Richard Tankel for years getting windshields for Datsun 510s, roadsters, z-cars, and 620's.

He sent me this notice yesterday which many of you might be interested in:

Another new development, there are Datsun 62-65 L320 Pick up windshields available now that we plan on carrying within the next  couple of weeks. I am not sure if you or anyone from the group has needed one. They were not available for years. The wholesale price is $315 clear or tint and $325 tint with top shade band.  Let me know if anything is of use.

Regards,
Richard

ProSource Glass international

Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada

978-975-5400

978-790-4657 Cell

www.prosourceglassintl.com

His e-mail is:  Richard Tankel <richardt@prosourceglassintl.com>

Awesome guy to deal with.  Good luck!

--carter

• Like 1

I have been working with Richard Tankel for years getting windshields for Datsun 510s, roadsters, z-cars, and 620's.

He sent me this notice yesterday which many of you might be interested in:

Another new development, there are Datsun 62-65 L320 Pick up windshields available now that we plan on carrying within the next  couple of weeks. I am not sure if you or anyone from the group has needed one. They were not available for years. The wholesale price is $315 clear or tint and $325 tint with top shade band.  Let me know if anything is of use.

Regards,

Richard

ProSource Glass international

Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada

978-975-5400

978-790-4657 Cell

www.prosourceglassintl.com

His e-mail is:  Richard Tankel <richardt@prosourceglassintl.com>

Awesome guy to deal with.  Good luck!

--carter

Are these supplied through dapsupply.net?

I ask because I received a PM in responce to my wanted add that said they were going to have 320 glass soon and it also stated that "320 and 520/521 glass are the same", which they are not.

They guy might have been misinformed about what the product they have will fit, also might just be another supplier selling the same aftermarket product.

This is great! 

Any idea what shipping might cost?

Obviously it depends on your location.  Often times he can ship to a warehouse and you can pick up from there which is significantly less expensive than shipping to your doorstep.  Best to contact him directly for a quote.

Are these supplied through dapsupply.net?

I ask because I received a PM in responce to my wanted add that said they were going to have 320 glass soon and it also stated that "320 and 520/521 glass are the same", which they are not.

They guy might have been misinformed about what the product they have will fit, also might just be another supplier selling the same aftermarket product.

I suggest you contact Richard directly.

--carter

Hey guys. I've been working on my L320 and weht through this post looking for information on the window gaskets. I didn't see any mention of that. Front and rear. Could you please help with that information.

I have not had the guy make any 320 gaskets for a long time, I wasn't making any money on any of this(windshields or gaskets), so I lost interest, this stuff cost a lot of money and it hard to sell gaskets for 320s when the cheap quality 320 gaskets on ebay are half the price.

The 521 rear window gasket might work for the NL320 rear window as they are really close to the same size, but the L320 has a smaller rear window, so the gasket would have to be cut to length and glued together.

The big issue is the cheap gaskets made overseas for cheap, some of them start cracking in a year or two, the stuff I was getting was made in the USA out of good quality rubber.