320 truck windshields and windshield gaskets

wayno

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you need money?

I was just going to go get them at the end of the month, and everyone in washington can pay me when they are picked up from me, after I am told they are finished and in our posession, the ones that need shipped will need to be paid for before I leave as I will ship them from down there.

When and where do you want me to send the money? Do you wanna paypal it?

I am waiting for the call telling me that they are done, then I will send him your zip code to get the shipping estimate, I am hoping to head down there to pick them up, and ship the ones that need shipped the first week in december. wayno

I was just going to go get them at the end of the month, and everyone in washington can pay me when they are picked up from me, after I am told they are finished and in our posession, the ones that need shipped will need to be paid for before I leave as I will ship them from down there.

Just registered and this is my first post. Wayno, thanks for adding 1 more windshield. It will be good to have the backup.

I presume I'm too late, but I'd like to buy one of these windshields for my '64. Any chance for a last minute addition? Thanks for consideration.

You are not to late, we had extras made, but might have to order a few more. To bad your not closer to Interstate 5, I could drop it off on my way home, do you have a friend that lives near I5 I could drop it off at?

Wayne: Got a note from Scott's Rubber in AUS last night. My new windshield gasket that was on backorder has now been shipped. With luck it will be here before you come by with my new 320 windshield, Wayne;)

To anyone who has been sitting on the fence about ordering one of these windshields, let me say that I drove to So Cal about two months ago to go see the first one installed in the test vehicle, and it looked great! After that I had absolutely no hesitations about ordering one through Wayne.

I don't really need one, but I do need to change my windshield gasket, which is very badly weathered, so now is a good time to swap this out for a brand spanking new piece of glass:)

I was afraid if I did not order one now, I would not be able to get one if I needed one in the future. Just saying ... I'm sure most people don't have a lot of extra $$$ lying around, but this is really a sweet deal. I have no financial interest in this other than gaining an opportunity to buy a windshield for myself. But if anyone has paid attention to all the grief Wayne and Terry went through to source new windshields, how reasonable is it to expect someone to do this again anytime soon at a cost anywhere near this? Next time you need one you may have to pay $500, if you can find one.

Once more, thanks for doing this, Wayne. I'm thankful for a lot of things as I reflect back at life on Thanksgiving Day, but near the top of my list, right after God, Country and family comes friendships with the people who make an positive impression on us during life's big adventure. Good friends are good to have. I don't know what kind of beer you like, but send me a PM and it will be chilled and waiting when you get here!

For that matter, there are several folks I'm grateful to on this forum for their advice and encouragement as I fix up my old truck. But if there were a Ratsun Hall of Fame, I bet Wayne would receive a lot of nominations.

Now, back to visiting with the turkeys gathered around our table today:)

• Like 2

Thank you Wayno for doing this windshield thing. Just so ya'll know what a good deal it is, I bought a 320 windshield off of ebay about 5 years ago for $450, and felt lucky to find it.

Hey jeepnheart from Moses Lake, send me a pm if you want me to pick up your windshield in early January.

I am leaving in the morning for LA to pick up the 320 windshields, if I have access to a computer down there, I will try to see if I can get the 5 that need shipped a shipping quote/total and have you guys send it to my paypal, or I will take them all home and deal with the shipping there. wayno (360)600-six one one five

I have the windshields. I don't have any shipping quotes yet, I will be checking into that tomarrow, and making calls to all of you that need it shipped for the quote and payment, otherwise I will take them home and deal with the shipping from there. Presently I am in LA.

Thanks Wayne!!!! Appreciate you going out of yor way to help us out.

Dean

1323235843.jpg

Got mine. I want to give a big heart felt thanks to wayno for getting these out. I didn't really expect to get mine delivered to my doorstep but there was wayno, in his truck, droping it off. That was very honorable of you and I am very and truly grateful.

Hardhead320 and wayno has really went above and beyond to make this happen so when you get your winshield, be sure to thank them, and know that when you put this window in your truck that it was people like them, true datsun owners, and great people who got this window for us.

I'm sure I probably missed someone in the process as well but thank you too.

Hi guys:

Got to meet Wayne when he stopped by on his way down to LA. He spent the night here on his way back, and dropped off my windshield. I am now probably one of the few folks in modern times who can say they have seen more than a dozen Datsun 320 windshields in one place:)

Thanks agin for being a straight up guy, Wayne.

I am home with all the windshields undamaged and in the house, going to warm them up slowly, it's 45 degrees in my house, Brrrrrrrrrrr. I thought it was real funny that I was running around in shorts after dark down there in Orange county, and Terry and eddy were wearing long trousers, and putting coats on trying to stay warm, IMHO it was warm! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thankyou for the much needed help Terry, could not have done it without you. Thankyou also Eric for supplying me with computer access, and a nice warm place to sleep, twice. I will now try to figure out how to ship these undamaged to the guys to far away for me to drop them off, or to far away for them to be picked up. It is time to go to bed. wayno

I am now probably one of the few folks in modern times who can say they have seen more than a dozen Datsun 320 windshields in one place:)

whadda you mean?... :lol: ... those were flat panel tv's he scored in los angeles that were strapped to his truck. lol

thanks again Wayno. and thanks for the information you told me about my truck. too bad mine wasnt in running shape yet but at least i can say someone else who owns a 320 has finally seen my truck.:D

whadda you mean?... :lol: ... those were flat panel tv's he scored in los angeles that were strapped to his truck. lol

thanks again Wayno. and thanks for the information you told me about my truck. too bad mine wasnt in running shape yet but at least i can say someone else who owns a 320 has finally seen my truck.:D

I was worried everytime I parked the truck that someone would try to steal the flat screen TVs on the back of the truck, as they were really shipping boxes with my spare tires in them, as I was trying to get all the weight forward in the truck as I only had 1 inch of travel left in the rear suspension, and was bottoming out on everything.

Wouldn't that have been funny, they steal the boxes, get home to find out upon opening them that there was a tire in each box. :lol:

I always like to see other NLs, one day we are going to have to get several of them together and get a group photo, I would make a trip for that photo if I could. Get that baby running and come to canby if you can afford to take the time to do so, and I will see if I can take a week to go to that october meet down there. wayno

For those of you in washington, the windshields are at my house now, you need to contact me about how you want to get them from me, some might be able to get together and one might make the run for two. I will be in longview wa. this sunday in the morning 10-11am.

I don't have a 320, but here's an idea~ would 'your' guy consider sharing the application of the donor glass? Then those of limited means could find their own local source and not have shipping....

Just a thought~

Scott