320 truck windshields and windshield gaskets

wayno

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone read that tag? That guy is a craftsman for sure.

I tried to enlarge it and read it, but it became unclear.

I am sure that you guys can take your windshield to certain outfits such as one in portland and they will cut you a windshield no problem, but you will pay a lot for that windshield, I have heard higher than $700.00 for a custom windshield. It is hard to find a guy like this around here(the USA) that will do this type of work for a reasonable price. I looked into having a 66 datsun 520 windshield cut out of a 521 windshield locally, they told me that they would do it if I suppied the windshields(plural), because they had a less than 50% success rate, and they wanted something like a $50.00 or$100.00 per cut(two cuts), and I might end up with one good windshield, it was a chance I was unwilling to take at that time, but this was used windshields they were going to try to cut, maybe newer ones are easier to cut. wayno

Wayne:

I have a round turn signal 1965 L320. So I assume the pattern that Terry made will work for me. I plant to go by and see him tomorrow, and to take a good look at that great little truck of his.

I definitely want a new windshield. My old windshield is in great shape, with no clouding, etc. but as Burrito stated so eloquently earlier in the thread, when are folks going to get another opportunity to get a spanking new windshield?

I don't begrudge this glass guy the fact he wants to keep his "source" windshield a trade secret. After all, how many people on this site are willing to buy a windshield twice as big as the hole in their truck and try to cut one down to fit, hoping that they can do this successfully on their first try? I'm not rich, but I'll pay the guy his price for a finished, unbroken "new" 320 windshield. It's not like we were asked to buy one, and assume the risk that he can cut it down without breaking it.

Do I wish they were available for $100, like VW windshields? Sure. But come on, there have to be a dozen people out there reading this thread who need a new windshield for their 320.

Wayne, keep me down for one. After all, if you have a nice 320 and the windshield gets blown out by a dude with a rock, what will you be willing to pay then in order to be able to drive your truck? I once had an antique car that I had to buy a $1,000 USED windshield for, or park it.

I'm just damn glad to see in the picture that the truck with this new windshield fitted is the same model as mine. And grateful to Wayne and Terry for tracking down a solution at any price.

if you can assure me they will be boxed right and if anyone can confirm it will also fit a 61 310 i will take 2... i got a windshield out of japan from Eiichi Shimizu for my cedric... $1100 before it landed in vancouver. Itchy made such an amazing shipping box that i use it as a coffee table.

i am still in for one... would luv to have two but my wallet doesnt like that very well.....:lol:

and it sure beats those lexan plastic windows.

wayno, can you find out what rubber he uses too?.... i have heard scotts old rubber for direct oem replacement but the guy (kotto glass) mentioned VW bus front window gasket as a universal alternative that works. i just cant confirm that.

i am still in for one... would luv to have two but my wallet doesnt like that very well.....:lol:

and it sure beats those lexan plastic windows.

wayno, can you find out what rubber he uses too?.... i have heard scotts old rubber for direct oem replacement but the guy (kotto glass) mentioned VW bus front window gasket as a universal alternative that works. i just cant confirm that.

Terry & Mike both used the scotts old rubber, which mikes is my pickup now, mike sold it to me, I know another guy that used a VW gasket, but I thought he told me it was one of the many sized VW bug windshield gaskets, but that was a while ago now.

I talked to Terry today, the windshields are the same over the 3 year period(63-65), so we are back to where we were before, if you want one, please contact me soon, as I am going to place the order before next weekend more than likely. Those of you that have already contacted me, please PM me with your phone numbers and email address if possible, I will also be contacting you soon as the order has been placed. I expect to go get them mid/late november.

I talked to Terry today, the windshields are the same over the 3 year period(63-65), so we are back to where we were before, if you want one, please contact me soon, as I am going to place the order before next weekend more than likely. Those of you that have already contacted me, please PM me with your phone numbers and email address if possible, I will also be contacting you soon as the order has been placed. I expect to go get them mid/late november.

pm sent

Looks like we are dealing with a celebrity. I was watching " inside west coast customs" and thy were remaking a ford fiesta and the glass dude showed up and was messing with the front window of the fiesta.

Sweet!

I was lead to beleave that Eddy did a lot of custom vehicles. OK guys, those of you that have expressed that they want a windshield that have not sent me a contact number/email address should do so now, please PM me with it, also tell me if you want the tinted option(upper few inches). I will PM you this weekend if I have not heard from you by then. I would like to place the order. wayno

Wayne:

Just checking in. We on track? Is my windshield included in your order? I sent you a PM about this awhile ago but did not get a confirmation. Again, thanks big time for arranging this! And Terry, thanks for making the pattern. ANy idea when you expect to get the windshields?

Wayne:

Just checking in. We on track? Is my windshield included in your order? I sent you a PM about this awhile ago but did not get a confirmation. Again, thanks big time for arranging this! And Terry, thanks for making the pattern. ANy idea when you expect to get the windshields?

Sorry, yes your windshield is in the order, it looks like they are all going to be the same, no tint on top, just like Terrys in the photos. I will let you/everybody know when they are available when Terry tells me.

I talked to Terry, the cutter has agreed to cut the windshields and has excepted the money. We have a deal. It takes a while to cut each one of them, so it might be a couple weeks???, they also might need to order in enough of them to complete the order, so they will be done when they are done. I decided to have him complete the order in full before delivery, so there is no confusion about anything. Keep this in mind, if it takes a hour to cut each one, we have ordered enough to keep him busy for over 2 days, and he has a business to run while doing this also. wayno