320 truck windshields and windshield gaskets

wayno

Last year I started a thread to figure out how many 320 owners wanted a new 320 windshield, tomarrow the guy(glass cutter) is going to look at and maybe pull a ratsun members 320 windshield to make another run of these windshields, we/I am trying to figure out how many to order as I will not be doing this again. If you want one you need to respond to this thread. wayno

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one. Maybe two.

But I will need it shipped. Will he do that?

Thanks,

Bob

Last year I started a thread to figure out how many 320 owners wanted a new 320 windshield, tomarrow the guy(glass cutter) is going to look at and maybe pull a ratsun members 320 windshield to make another run of these windshields, we/I am trying to figure out how many to order as I will not be doing this again. If you want one you need to respond to this thread. wayno

is this a california guy?

if so, maybe i can pick up and take a trip up north if someone helps me with gas moneez

i need one for sure.

if its not a glass cutter in california then how much?... i still need one lol :D

It's the same guy Burrito, I am talking to Terry about this again, he calls me every couple days updating me, he isn't on ratsun much, so I am trying to make this happen, the guy is using Terrys windshield as the sample, but has to look at it tomarrow before moving on any further. This isn't for sure yet.

And Wayne, if he will install as well, I will drive to LA to get mine installed. Hey, I could meet Burrito ... We could have a party. LMK

I am sure they would all be clear, as they are cut out of another windshield of a differant car/truck. I don't know about the installs, lets see if this thing works out before we talk about that. Since the guy is supposedly removing the windshield and putting it back, I suspect for a fee he might do it, but I don't know the guy, Terry knows him.

I talked to Terry a little while ago, the guy came over and pulled the 320 windshield, and took it to there warehouse to find a match, as the guy has forgotten what windshield he used last time:(, but things seem to be coming together, if he can find the match, I think we will be in business, I was told that the guy wanted more than last time, but Terry talked him into the $300.00 each like last time. This is not for sure yet, but I will be needing a number to tell them to make, so respond to this thread please. BTW, I was told that these can be shipped, as the guy ships windshields all over the country, that is what I was told today. wayno

Hi Wayno,

Just read your glass topic. If its the same guy I used a few weeks ago, his name is Eddy Kotto. I got his info from your earlier post, and also, maybe from someone named Terry. Anyway, Eddy is a really good guy. He came to my house, removed my cracked (big crack) windshield from my 66L520. The following week, he returned with two pieces of auto glass from some other make of modern vehicle. Within one hour he had cut a new windshield using my old one as a template. The curve or radius of the new glass was not exactly the same as original(which he had previosly mentioned would most likely be the case). But he was able to easily adjust the metal lip or rim around the edge of the truck cab where the windshield would sit, and it looks prefect, like original. It was amazing how quick he did the job. He made it look so easy, but then, he knows what he's doing, I guess thats like everything. The glass is very slightly tinted, and I was concerned that it wouldn't look correct, but, once installed,I couldn't really tell the difference. I don't think anyone would notice the difference. Eddy said its difficult to find clear glass now, all modern cars have tinted glass. Fortunately, I had a new rubber gasket, so I didn't have to search for one of those. I'm guessing here, but If he's shipping the glass to you or others out of the area, you may need to make those adjustments yourselves if the radius isn't an exact match to your 320's. Price was reasonable, a bit more than what you've been quoted, but mine was with insallation too. Good Luck-John

This is a message I got from "hardhead320" today, so it sounds like this is going to happen, so now a list of buyers is needed so that enough are made, if you need a 320 windshield, chime in now. We also have a tint option, so that info will also be important to share with me if that is what you want. I don't know what the tint looks like, if you want a tinted windshield, what they cut is what you get, I have no control of it. wayno

I just talked to the window maker and on Tuesday the 11th he is going to bring a sample of the new windshields to my house and install it in my truck. I will be checking for fit and radius and thickness of the glass. He is given me the option of a couple of inches of tint at the top of the window or not. So, in your post you might want to mention we have the option. In your post you can go ahead and let the members know that you are working with me and I am in Southern California. I've seen on the thread that some members were asking about shipping and yes we will ship. He would like to do at least 15 to 20. This coming week we will be discussing the terms of payment which I will relay to you and check the quality of his work before ordering anything. Give me a call late Monday and we can talk more

I am trying to get this out there to make sure that everyone that needs one has the chance to order one. If you need a 320 windshield you need to let me know soon. Please read the message I received today below. I BELEAVE they will be about $300.00 plus shipping. You need to chime in if you want one. wayno

This is a message I got from "hardhead320" today, so it sounds like this is going to happen, so now a list of buyers is needed so that enough are made, if you need a 320 windshield, chime in now. We also have a tint option, so that info will also be important to share with me if that is what you want. I don't know what the tint looks like, if you want a tinted windshield, what they cut is what you get, I have no control of it. wayno

I just talked to the window maker and on Tuesday the 11th he is going to bring a sample of the new windshields to my house and install it in my truck. I will be checking for fit and radius and thickness of the glass. He is given me the option of a couple of inches of tint at the top of the window or not. So, in your post you might want to mention we have the option. In your post you can go ahead and let the members know that you are working with me and I am in Southern California. I've seen on the thread that some members were asking about shipping and yes we will ship. He would like to do at least 15 to 20. This coming week we will be discussing the terms of payment which I will relay to you and check the quality of his work before ordering anything. Give me a call late Monday and we can talk more

• Like 2

year and make of glass?

The guy that does this windshield thing is not saying, I asked the same thing. We might have run into a hic-cup on this 320 windshield thing, I took and sent some measurements to Terry to make sure the differant years are the same windshield, seems that there is a possibility that the 65 windshields are differant than the 63-64 windshields, don't know for sure yet. It's always something, isn't it. wayno

wayno,

thanks for keeping us on top of it with current information. i am sure the package deal will work out.

and if there is anyone on the fence considering, keep in mind that these are custom made windows. you can not go out and just buy a 320 window. also, nos and spare front windows for the 320 are becoming even more rare and the older windows will not have the current protection that newer windows do. i fought with the idea of the price but this is a good, if not, one time price for anyone interested. wayno and hardhead320 are making sure this happens which is great but keep in mind, this is an offer, and offers go away.

if there is anything i can do on my side to help, please let me know.