I need a stock engine bay shot J series

So I took my engine bay apart and painted it, took photos of everything with my phone camera. Some water spilt on it and fried the SD card.

I got alot of stuff back, and salvaged a few photos, but there are a few wires here and there that I can't figure out where they go to.

I have an early 66 PL411 with a J series. NOT SSS. I don't know what all the differences are between years so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

Thanks ratsuners.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbor has a pretty nice runner driver 67 and probably would let you take all the pictures / notes you needed.. But would have to be on weekday evening cuz he works till 3:00pm and it`s harvest season for me till middle Nov..I might be able to take pictures if you PM me with pictures of wires you need pictures of ..But not on the weekend

Peace....

I will take a bunch of pics when I get home.

There are a bunch of wires to the fuse box that look like battery wires. Mine had a couple that were two wires per fuse and I don't remember what went where. I had them tagged too but they came off sometime during priming the engine bay.

Looks like there are some similarities between the fusebox setup. I'm going to cross reference that pic with my bay when I get home, thanks!

I'm happy to provide any pics you want of the J13 in my 521 if you think it will help, couldn't be too different wiring wise?

100_2354.jpg

I have some stuff painted orange, and some stuff is re-wrapped with orange.

I took everything apart to clean, which is what I've been doing for a month now, and I'm putting stuff back.

is ur car an auto?

.... y did u disconnect anything if u were gonna paint everything orange anyways?

hmmm then idk about the 2 wires. there is a wiring digram for the 411s. can u look at them and get the colors. black with a yellow stripe or watever. and ill see if i cant figure it out. also can u take a shot from a lil farther back from the driver side. maybe point the camer at it from over the drivers headlights so i can see wat part of the harness they come out of and such.

if everythign is hooked up other than those have u tried to check for polarity? grab ur test light and hook up to positive nad probe em, then to the negative and probe em. u shood find wat they do by trying that, looks like those grounds.

I will get a better picture when I get home today of all angles. We didn't figure out what the larger ones are, they do look like grounds but I don't know from what/where.

I got a wiring diagram and it helped me with alot of little things with the fuse and all of the relays. Just pretty much lost on the wires that look like grounds. I don't see anywhere immediately that they go. We've got another week still. Oil pan didn't clear the cross member so we are waiting for the oil pan gasket.

Yeah actually those look like those wires. Hmm I will follow them when I get home, and if worse comes to worse I will ground them and see if the car starts and runs anyway haha

Forgot about this thread..

I think the wires are a ground next to regulator.. Which would explain why you cant find anything that they go to..The wires look the same on my 411 also.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ065.jpg