How much is a 1970 1600 roadster worth?

ViperGT

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so first thing today i went to triple a and got the car insured biggrin.gif and then i was going to get it registered but i need the vanity plates signed over in my name ( which just got done) so tomorrow i will take a trip back there and complete the process, After that i went to all the auto part stores to find that no one sold roadster water pumps but did rebuild them, the guy at napa said if i get it over there quick enough he would have it done by the end of the day. i missed the deadline so i guess it shall be done tomorrow! Next i flushed out the radiator and the block and replaced all the soft fuel lines and drained the gas tank. Filled it up and tried to start the car and dug through all the lines to find that the filter has a crack some where and the pump was sucking air. i ran the car for 20 minutes or so with a garden hose trickling through the thermostat housing keeping it cool. The oil pressure sat at 45 psi when idling (36000 original miles) and took of the oil fill cap expecting oil to fly every were like on an OHC engine but there was none. I took off the valve cover and everything was somewhat wet will oil and i decided to start it to make a video of the oil flow, it spattered small amounts but not much , IS THIS NORMAL FOR A PUSH ROD ENGINE?

and also will a miata thermostat housing fit? will any other housing from another vehicle?

Your feed back is greatly appreciated thanks

IMG-20111010-00006.jpg

http://s1179.photobu...11010-00000.mp4

th_VID-20111010-00000.jpg

wasnt sure which thing to copy for the vid so i did 2

I have a J13 and a U20 and it looks similar the the J13. I can run it with the cover off and it does not spew oil everywhere.

oh ok thanks i just wasnt sure if maybe the oil passages were clogged cause on ohcs it goes everywere even when u just crack open the oil fill.angry.gif

Congrats on the roadster, i also recently bought a 70 roadster. I've got a bunch of random parts if you need anything, I'll sell for real cheap or free. Rear brake lights, side marker lights and turn signals, mirrors, cables, new cap and rotor and points, thermostat housing, vintage wheels and tires, antenna, and a bunch of other random things.

Here is my roadster, the day i bought it.

IMG00478-1.jpg

and a few of the progress. Lowered, newly restored vintage wheels, new fender mirrors.

DSC_5211-4.jpg

new lights.

IMAG0134.jpg

Mine still has a little arch in them but not much, old springs tend to sag a bit but it possible they have been modified. Usually you would just use blocks to lower the rear so you don't change the rebound. I'd guess they are just old. The few that I have seen that put new rear springs on look like monster trucks with almost the full tire exposed. I left mine since i like it low and tucked. I still want my front a bit lower but I'll wait to see how the new springs settle before i try to customize the perch and steering linkage.

Mine still has a little arch in them but not much, old springs tend to sag a bit but it possible they have been modified. Usually you would just use blocks to lower the rear so you don't change the rebound. I'd guess they are just old. The few that I have seen that put new rear springs on look like monster trucks with almost the full tire exposed. I left mine since i like it low and tucked. I still want my front a bit lower but I'll wait to see how the new springs settle before i try to customize the perch and steering linkage.

the leaves appear to be brand new on this car, theyre just flat, and al the leaves have what looks like a giant rivet going through near the ends so that they are together foreverhug.gif

the leaves appear to be brand new on this car, theyre just flat, and al the leaves have what looks like a giant rivet going through near the ends so that they are together foreverhug.gif

If they appear brand new, you might be able to find a part number on the flat part of the spring. It sounds to me like you might have a set of comp springs. Is the front lowered as well? Have you checked out 311s.org yet? That is the Roadster site when you are looking for parts and answers.

• 2 weeks later...