How much is a 1970 1600 roadster worth?

ViperGT

ka's are better motors stock. more bulletproof. sure you can turn up the boost and make power with no other upgrades but a turbo on a ka can be more potent. oh yeah and the performance part market for the sr is much wider but theyre also alot more expensive

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went over today stuck a fuel line in a gas can along with the return and inspected for cracked hoses. Cranked it a bit checked to see if pump was working cranked it some more and then started but belt was squeaking. Took of the belt and the water pump/fan was frozen, (also no water in system since 2002) the thermostat housing was off and i noticed that the thermostat was smashed open so perhaps the pump had stopped working and the owner thought that the thermostat was the problem? But any ways it idles really nicely but it just bogs out when i try and give it gas.

Talked to the dude too and he has the bumper the headlights grill and everything else. Also a possible extra complete 1600 and a brand new set of "old school spider wheels" and brand new unmounted tires.

And the reason i dont like the SR is because they are really expensive compared to a KA and you see quite a few SRs in datsun but not many turbo KAs

The R16 is pretty cheap to work on overall, parts are still produced for the H20 which is almost the same as the R16. I can go on for hours about options on the roadster but honestly if you are worried about causing body damage from an engine swap a miata swap would be the best. The KA is a tight squeeze if you don't alter the car a bit. I know KA has displacement but also is almost 400lbs fully dressed, the B6 has them beat at 290lbs fully dressed and a huge aftermarket.

The R16 is pretty cheap to work on overall, parts are still produced for the H20 which is almost the same as the R16. I can go on for hours about options on the roadster but honestly if you are worried about causing body damage from an engine swap a miata swap would be the best. The KA is a tight squeeze if you don't alter the car a bit. I know KA has displacement but also is almost 400lbs fully dressed, the B6 has them beat at 290lbs fully dressed and a huge aftermarket.

Yeah so im guessing a stroker to a 2000 just the stock engine. The plans for the KA are in a 510.

whats the difference between the h and the u?

The U is an overhead cam motor. The H is a push rod motor. That R16 is just fine for you guys from the sounds of it. :blink: Just fix what is wrong with this car and drive it. That price is good for that car and it's all there. Get your ass over to 311s.org and read up on all this on the tech-wiki. Read the stroker section and you will find endless amounts of information. There is also a great SU tuning section.

FYI, the "5" in 510 doesn't stand for 500 HP. :lol:

Sorta, the H20 has the same stroke and bore as a U20 but I don't think the stock R16 block can support the same stroke and bore.

Sure it can. How do you think you build an R20? You use a U20 crank in an R16 block. Got a zero time motor sitting in my shop as we speak. Not cheap to build but should give you more grunt without all the evil L issues of the U20. Best dollar to gain ratio would most likely be the Miata swap, but I am partial to the SR stuff that Spriso is doing. They are the complete package. This subject has been fucked to death on 311s.

Sure it can. How do you think you build an R20? You use a U20 crank in an R16 block. Got a zero time motor sitting in my shop as we speak. Not cheap to build but should give you more grunt without all the evil L issues of the U20. Best dollar to gain ratio would most likely be the Miata swap, but I am partial to the SR stuff that Spriso is doing. They are the complete package. This subject has been fucked to death on 311s.

Hmm I thought the limit was 1.9 but thats good to know.

I'd go for the SR over the b6 if budget allows and cutting the crossmember is okay. Just hard to beat a 300 dollar motor swap that practically bolts in.

The U is an overhead cam motor. The H is a push rod motor. That R16 is just fine for you guys from the sounds of it. :blink: Just fix what is wrong with this car and drive it. That price is good for that car and it's all there. Get your ass over to 311s.org and read up on all this on the tech-wiki. Read the stroker section and you will find endless amounts of information. There is also a great SU tuning section.

FYI, the "5" in 510 doesn't stand for 500 HP. :lol:

hahaha it doesnt yet

• Like 1

After reading this (and wishing I had my 5 minutes back) I definitely think you should buy it and immediately sell it for a grand more to someone who really wants it.

good call, but i wouldnt sell it to my mom and rip her off by selling her a money pit, thats just cruel.