My 521 is back on the road

roadwarrior

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I blew the engine last November after just owning it a month. Up until just about 2 weeks ago did I finish. It took me month or so of hand sanding after work and then I had to wait for the right weather and money to afford paint. Reason why was all my money was tied up in the engine machine work. A friend of mine sprayed the truck engine bay in a day. Unfortunately I didn't have enough paint left over for the door, but we were able to paint the fender wells as wells. I currently have 500 miles on the rebuild so time for a oil change and valve adjust.

I'd be interested in engine rebuild info.. Did you have someone do it, or did you? Parts source? Etc.. Looks great!

The engine work was done by a machine shop called clarks in cupertino, ca. They provided the crank bearings, valves stuff. The rest I picked up, pistons, rings, water pump, timing chain kit. Rock auto was a good place to find parts. The other place is on ratsun from other owners. Most everyone goes to a bigger engine so you can find used engine with reusable parts like oil pump, cam, which don't really exist anymore. Hope that helps feel free to pm me if you have a question.