Wanna buy a $45,000 411?

remotezygote

Has anyone bought parts from "elevenrussians" on eBay? I added up the parts they have for sale on there from this one orange 411 they're parting out (http://bit.ly/qcj8vE), and just the parts they have on sale right now add up to $6,884.66 if you just bought them all. I estimate they have about 15% of a full vehicle up there, so that means my complete 411 is worth $45,897.73 (and mine's a wagon, so even more!)? Mind you, they also have "Best Offer" available for all of these parts, but every reasonable offer I have thrown at them has been rejected (it is possible I have pissed them off at this point...). They have some good parts up there, but man, the prices are way off.

Anyone else had any dealings with them or have any insights?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if they're way overpriced, that they won't sell anything(unless to a clueless/desperate person with too much money). If they really want to peddle their merchandise at that point, they'll be forced to lower their prices. That's just how it works.

There are people I see here that charge a premium for parts that I feel aren't worth the price they're asking, but if they're able to keep selling, then SOMEONE out there feels the cost is worth it. So be it. If you need the part bad enough, you'll pay. Otherwise, don't.

Any part is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I know after ebay and paypal fees they lose a bit of the total price, and some people use ebay as a way to advertise they have parts to drum up otherbusiness as well.

For me up here in the North East I tend to have to pay more, becuase simpley there are not any parts up here! rust and overall rarity means i have to pay more to ship them in :( the junk yards here simply dont have donar vehicles and the few that are up here are held onto tightly.

Convienience is another factor, even at the junk yard you pay a LOT more for a part on the shelf rather than one from the U-Pull-It yard. Is the time and aggrevation saved worth it? its a personal thing (I actually like the search)

also if someone only needs 1 more part to make their vehicle complete (or at least drivable) they tend to be willing to pay more for it

Lol i saw that when i was looking for prices of parts and saw these prices i was like dear fucking god. Im getting a nearly done 411 for a great price, which i think has way better parts than what there peddling on ebay lol. Cant wait for my 411 :)..cough..i mean my wifes 411 cough!

i see this all the time on ebay, one of my favorites that i see all the time are people selling b210 taillights, there will be an auction selling one side for 90$ and then on the same page youll see someone else selling a set in similar condition for 30$. neither one usually end up selling. people dont do their research before selling and think old = expensive.

Has anyone bought parts from "elevenrussians" on eBay? I added up the parts they have for sale on there from this one orange 411 they're parting out (http://bit.ly/qcj8vE), and just the parts they have on sale right now add up to $6,884.66 if you just bought them all. I estimate they have about 15% of a full vehicle up there, so that means my complete 411 is worth $45,897.73 (and mine's a wagon, so even more!)? Mind you, they also have "Best Offer" available for all of these parts, but every reasonable offer I have thrown at them has been rejected (it is possible I have pissed them off at this point...). They have some good parts up there, but man, the prices are way off.

Anyone else had any dealings with them or have any insights?

They've had the same parts listed for a couple of months. If any parts have been sold I haven't noticed. Air-cleaner 199.00, front bumper 549.00, radiator 199.00, etc. GOOD LUCK! The worse thing is because of the rarity of some of the parts is it may drive up the price elsewhere. I've found very fair and reasonable people right here at Ratsun and the people at the Sacramento swap meet fit the same bill. Patience is a virtue...

• Like 1

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how to save these parts, really... I figure if they never sell them (which they never will at these prices), they'll likely just scrap them eventually. I'm guessing these are the prices that make it worth their while to sell them, so it's a bit of a Catch-22. I'm going to try reasoning with them... wish me luck!

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out how to save these parts, really... I figure if they never sell them (which they never will at these prices), they'll likely just scrap them eventually. I'm guessing these are the prices that make it worth their while to sell them, so it's a bit of a Catch-22. I'm going to try reasoning with them... wish me luck!

Good luck, but on the other hand there are plenty of parts still available. Also, nothing lasts forever but my hope is yours, is that they are reasonable either with you or someone else who'll keep these parts in circulation.