Fisch's "Oil Drop" '71 PL521 journal- SOLD

fisch

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Well it is a sad and glad day today. Sad in that the Datsun that brought me to Ratsun, is gone. Glad in that is it going to a good home. A GREAT home.

'Oil Drop' is headed north to New Hampshire with Dave Patten of Futo Fab. He will be using the 521 for his Datsun business. And that makes me happy. And might even make some 521 owners happy if he starts fabbing pieces for 521's!

I figured out today that in the 6 years I have owned 'Oil Drop' I have only put 270 miles on it. It deserves a more robust life. But let me tell you, he fired right up, ran like a sewing machine and was drivin on the trailer, not pushed. Ain't gonna lie, I teared up a bit as they pulled away, but I am at peace with it, stoked about the new life that awaits it. I am also stoked to get in my 510 and drive the heck out of it. And tinker with the 1959 Datsun.

IMG_4712.jpg

Even my daughter was attached!

IMG_4710.jpg

See ya later old friend.

IMG_4714.jpg

• Like 1

Go Dave! :)

Bet you at least feel good about where it's going.

100% yes Redeye! Dave will do it right. Even if he paints it someday, he is going to document the oil drop mascot and reproduce it so he stays on the truck. Plus I worked a CF spook into the deal for the 510!

• Like 2

Fisch,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family.

Oil Drop is a welcome addition to our family, and yes he will be well taken care of. First on my list is to POR that super solid replacement tailgate you installed.

He will be a featured part of FutoFab with duties including parts pick-up and delivery.

And in true FutoFab tradition there will be some changes, but the little “Oil Drop” dude on his sides will always be there no matter what those changes may be.

• Like 2

It was a total pleasure Dave! Can't wait to see what you do to him. I console myself by thinking you will fix it up, make it awesome, and when I hit the lotto I will make you an offer you can't refuse to get him back!

Fisch,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your family.

Oil Drop is a welcome addition to our family, and yes he will be well taken care of. First on my list is to POR that super solid replacement tailgate you installed.

He will be a featured part of FutoFab with duties including parts pick-up and delivery.

And in true FutoFab tradition there will be some changes, but the little “Oil Drop” dude on his sides will always be there no matter what those changes may be.

• Like 2

Tristin,

Man you crack me up!

I may not have invented dirt, but I did do the beta testing on it 

I was thinking to myself when I read that comment from Tristin ( He dosen't look that old to me) Might be that I'm old as rocks as well.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Guys,

If you ever lamented over wanting to own Oil Drop, here is your opportunity. He is back up for sale. 

It has been an honor to be his custodian, but I have way to many irons in the fire to properly treat this awesome steed. It is with somewhat of a heavy heart that I offer him up for sale.

Sale Link: http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/7857-1971-datsun-521-pick-up-aka-oil-drop/

• Like 2