Fisch's "Oil Drop" '71 PL521 journal- SOLD

fisch

Ahhhh, a new set of wires, and we were out of the gate! Hopped down to the local abandoned catholic school with a camera, added some grittiness in p-shop, and I am finally making a new post.

Feels swell! Now if it were just lower!

OilDrop2009small.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks good Scott!! Keep up the good work, I wish you were closer I would help you lower that baby. :D

I know you would in a heart beat Aaron, you rock! Thanks man!

Hey B2K, you still got that nuclear plant close by? That big-ass cooling tower would make a good backdrop. We had Trojan on this side but they tore it down.

i had never thought about that. i had never even been out there before due to not knowing how close you can get to everything. it would be kind of ironic getting a pic of my datsun with the place that created the plutonium for fatman that was dropped on nagasaki in the background. :lol:

Hey Scott feels good to get her out does it not:)

A roadtrip for you to ponder:cool:

You buy up the blocks and U bolts for her arsend and what you need for the front, I think it's torsion bar like my 620 so that should be easy. Then take her for a run up to Rockland, like maybe when the Blues or lobster fest is happening and the oil drop will get down no charge. It maybe fun, you may even go out on a little boat ride:D

PEACE WRAT

Hey Scott feels good to get her out does it not:)

A roadtrip for you to ponder:cool:

You buy up the blocks and U bolts for her arsend and what you need for the front, I think it's torsion bar like my 620 so that should be easy. Then take her for a run up to Rockland, like maybe when the Blues or lobster fest is happening and the oil drop will get down no charge. It maybe fun, you may even go out on a little boat ride:D

PEACE WRAT

You rule for the offer Jeff! I'd be a little worried if ol oil drop could make the trip! I've never been more than 10 mi from the house with it. But now that it is running pretty good, I will have to start going further with it.

I actually already have the blocks and bolts and have read the lowering threads a billion times. Seems pretty straight forward, just gotta get off my butt and do it. Up to now I just wanted to get it driving!

I'd love to bag it someday too! But it is baby steps for me my friend!

And even if I am not in the datsun, if the fam and I ever do head up your way, we will have to look you up for sure!

Mmmm a ride in a boat, and a ride in the 411!

Ok, ya it is a bit of a haul! Looked at where you are. If you and the fam do come up this way line it up with some of the events here in Rockland in the summer and I will let you and yours cruize the coast roads in the 411. I have other rigs to drive. I'm sure we can talk you through your blocks, start with getting some PB Blaster pent. oil and soak your T bar adjusters and U bolts nuts every so often for when the time comes.

I have been down with a rota cuff tear in my right shoulder (again) they think and it has slowed me down, I have to get to work on my ol'truck and get the dust off the lil' one.

Love the pic:) PEACE WRAT

Ah Hem!

This thread has been sitting untouched for a little too long. For your drop you should look into re keying the T rods. You'll have a good height and the same ride quality and its not really that hard. I just pulled my rods out and it only took me a couple of min.

Oh and when are you going to paint your hood like the image posted. That would be a serious attention getter.

Keep it up,

Bart

I know it Madness! I've been spending time unde the Suzuki Swift GTi, and need to get back on making the 521 cooler. What's that old song, "Torn between two lovers....feeling like a fool..."

Guest jaimesix
Ahhhh, a new set of wires, and we were out of the gate! Hopped down to the local abandoned catholic school with a camera, added some grittiness in p-shop, and I am finally making a new post.

Feels swell! Now if it were just lower!

OilDrop2009small.jpg

Abandoned Catholic School, no wonder....after all the priest related scandals....who would want to take his kids to a place like that....:lol:

BTW, that truck is nice. Justa paint job, all it needs, looks very cool with standard suspension and wheels/tires.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________________

• 3 weeks later...
Fisch man i dont know how i missed it before but i was showing a buddy your thread and i love the spaceship around the ignition that is pure sex man! i love your truck

Thanks bro! I actually just pinstriped my acoustic guitar the other day and did a similar rocket ship! I should take a pic.

• 3 weeks later...
i can't believe they make you have window washers, my datsuns aren't even equiped with them. i guess the good thing about georgia, is all you need is the car, no title or inspection needed. they just read the vin and if it's not stolen you get a tag. i use to have a nice crystal doorknob in my shed somewhere, never thought it could be a shift knob. i might dig it out for my truck. at least your truck will be perfect when your set to drive it everyday.

You think that's bad...

I'm in upstate South Carolina!

The only time a vehicle is illegal around here is when your hauling shine in the back!:lol:

Not that I've done that

Maybe

ONLY TWICE!

Abandoned Catholic School, no wonder....after all the priest related scandals....who would want to take his kids to a place like that....:lol:

BTW, that truck is nice. Justa paint job, all it needs, looks very cool with standard suspension and wheels/tires.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________________

Paint job? nice paint is for pussies :eek:

a real rat has rust and shows it off like a badge of honor! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"I'm lookin at the Man in the Mirror."

Seems like a silly update, BUT, in order to get MA to let my truck pass inspection I had to have a drivers side mirror. Peep mirror would have been a swell choice, but I wanted to see how creative I could be.

Thus a 1980's yamaha moped mirror!

I had to reuse the lower bracket from the old mini camper style mirror that had broken. I looked and looked but couldn't find a replacement. If you see the pictures earlier of the passenger side one, you can see what it looked like.

Anyway, nothing a dremmel, some nuts and bolts, and the upper bushing from a skateboard truck couldn't fix!

FischMirror1.jpg

FischMirror2.jpg

FischinMirror.jpg

• Like 1