Carbs for my 521

Sputnikboy21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well right now it has the usual 32/36 weber carb on, the choke isnt choking for lack of words, but i would love to find sumthing like the solex carbs above honestly. im pretty much brainstorming but still WTB

btw if anyone knows how to rebuild the carb, more than welcomed to toy with mines, if you get it right there jus might be a surprise in it for ya. haha

thanks fellow ratSUN'ers lol

Ha-ha-ha

Your best bet is to rebuild the 32/36 and run it. No mods needed and it will run fine. If you had a race cam and a reworked head to take advantage of the better breathing carb ... maybe. But this is a lot of work and fabrication for no/almost no gain. You want more? go save up and slip an L20B in there. No mods, fits in and 20 more hp. You can even use your intake and exhaust maniifolds.

Ha-ha-ha

Your best bet is to rebuild the 32/36 and run it. No mods needed and it will run fine. If you had a race cam and a reworked head to take advantage of the better breathing carb ... maybe. But this is a lot of work and fabrication for no/almost no gain. You want more? go save up and slip an L20B in there. No mods, fits in and 20 more hp. You can even use your intake and exhaust maniifolds.

thats what im doin + a 5 speed

A five speed won't make it faster. What you can do is lower the rear differential ratio, which will increase acceleration, (but this plays havoc with gas mileage) then get an overdrive 5 speed to lower the cruise RPMs to get your highway mileage back.

Sputnik

Just get the 32/36 running

Whats wrong with it?

Whats it doing? its a simple carb. What you mean with choke?choking?

I seen MORONs forget to hook up the 12volt wire and the choike stays ON. (if electric choke model).

If manual hook up a choke cable.

If water type make it a manual type.,Simple!

yes its a simple carb but it can be confusing if you have never messed with them before

I'm also a New Rat here on the Forums. Alot of these guys here have helped me out within the last week. Thanks guys!! I replaced my old stock carb with a Weber 32/36 DGV w/manual choke. Just get the truck running! A Weber is perfect and just bolts on. I had a little trouble with the throttle linkage but got it going. Good luck

:) and PUT UP PICS so we can help and see what you got.

71Datsun003.jpg

71Datsun019.jpg

71Datsun020.jpg

71Datsun011-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i havent been active, busy at work. but if anybody knows someone/themselves that know how to tune one up, be my guest, i will gladly pay for your troubles. im new to the whole scene but not new to nissans. my dad had a hardbody('90s), then got a 97 pathfinder(wrecked), got a 2000 pathfinder, etc etc etc...

but i do plan on getting sum pics up soon, sorry for the wait!

edit: its the electric choke not manual

and it has been hooked up before but now it wont choke. if u hold the [flaps] down and play with it, the car will start. timing off?