oil pan gasket....is it easy?

Llittle_Llama

i did search, and nothing, i have a haynes manual but i know how to do it so, i just need to know if it's a pain in the ass or not. i gotta change the oil, so i bought a new oil pan gasket. i was gunna do a motor flush when i first got it, but i swapped the valve cover gasket and it was spotless! no need to flush. so i wanted to pull the pan and look for sludge and repaint and reinstall while i cannot drive it (those fucking 20's rub) so let me know :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you loosen both lock nuts and count the number of turns until one side comes undone (and record) then continue turning till the other side is unscrewed you can put it back exactly and not loose your toe setting. Raise both wheels off the ground for this.

If you loosen both lock nuts and count the number of turns until one side comes undone (and record) then continue turning till the other side is unscrewed you can put it back exactly and not loose your toe setting. Raise both wheels off the ground for this.

The 620 dosent have the adjustable center link. Mine had to be disconected at the ball joints.

The 620 dosent have the adjustable center link. Mine had to be disconected at the ball joints.

My 620 is ONLY adjustable at the centerlink. The outer tie rods assemblies do not have any adjuster on them.

The oil pan job is a real pain in the ass:D. It is so hard to do that you should just scrap it and install a KA:lol:. That will make it all better.

Jason

ummmm, I have a question....my truck runs great and is super clean.

Do you guys think I should do a complete frame-up and swap in one of those Japanese turbo motors?

I have all this money and time and nothing to do.... :fu: