Rock Auto parts purchase

Logical1

So I need/want to pick up a few parts for my 70' Dime. I'm super swamped with work right now and don't have to time to run around and price/order/pickup parts. I'm looking for New & Quality; Clutch Master, Clutch Release Bearing, & Rear Wheel Bearings. My first thought was RockAuto so I checked out there parts catalog and found all the parts I wanted but not necessarily the brands I am familiar with (NSK Bearings, Nabco, Ect..) The bearing brands I saw were Beck/Arnly & National and the clutch master was a crap shoot. I filled up my cart and wanted to see what you all though before I pulled the trigger. Here is a screen shot of my cart:

Stuff.jpg

I threw in the pilot bearings just cause I have wanted to try the bushing to bearing swap (not that I'll notice the diff) WTF is up with 3 shipping locations too? 1 credit card order is nice but 3x shipping charges blows. I guess Vs. time & gas on my part it equals out.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the clutch master brand is odd to me. And that is the one with a weird shipping location. Delete it from you cart. Go back to the selection and see if any of the others have the same shipping location (it tells you on the selection page). Another thing, Find the brand you want, and copy the part number to amazon. If amazon carries it, you will still get it faster, and it will probably be as cheap. And you probably wont have to pay for shipping.

The trick is to find parts at the same warehouse. Rockauto has at LEAST 5 warehouses scattered around the country. It's often cheaper to get a more expensive part at a location you already have parts from than to always get the cheapest part. It doesn't ALWAYS tell you when parts are from the same warehouse, but usually it does. You'll know at checkout. If they have oil or fuel filters at the same location as parts I need I usually buy a few to spread out the shipping a bit.

As for the brand of that master cyl, never heard of it. Crapshoot at best. I've found weird named parts are real NABCO or TOKIKO parts with the manufacturers name ground off, and major-brand (Beck Arnley, etc) parts were cheap Taiwanese knockoffs , and vice versa.

Rhino brands are cheap Taiwan but unless you get nissan most are taiwan now.

If your hurting I have a Rhino master cylinder new you can have.

But I think the 240z ones are the same. But 510s have 2 to choose from but you always get the same one. which is the same layout as the 240z one . I guess you just move the hydralic line a little as the outputs of master are slightly different.

Japan woulf be the ones to get from dealer maybe as they last alot longer. anything Hydralic that says made in taiwan I get only 5 years out of it.

National release bearings are fine But I get my clutches from importrp.com and buy extra T/O bearings from them NSK I think they are. Asco or Daiken discs also.

Beck Arnley is a crap shoot now. My 521 Clutch slaves the last 2 I got are Nabco japan. But the 510 ones are starting to be taiwan. If its alum casting then its taiwan. Blask and heavy iron/steel its most like a repakaged Nabco/Tokico(Good)