1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

Haha, my linkage is not connected. Sorry, right now I have to crawl under it and shift it with a large screwdriver.

I could probably tell you how yours is supposed to work if you have a picture of the broken linkage.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like it has been fixed a couple times. You will need to weld that fulcrum bracket back together and beef it up with a gusset across the top of the crossmember. Maybe plate over the weld on this side as well to stop it from breaking again. Fabricating a new bracket might even be a better idea. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Got some parts from the cutter. Mock up of the front cross member/shackle mount. Need to drill out all my plates to final diameter.

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

Started parting out my Jeep :(

IMG_3404.jpg

Whole lotta this going on...

IMG_3350.jpg

Some stuff is getting put on the Datsun though. :D

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3446.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

Nope, got a Wagoneer Dana 44 for the front and a Dana 60 for the rear down the road, although I may pick up a yota rear instead. I am only running 35"s

Pic of all the brackets for the axle swap. Still have to cut some angle to the correct lengths as well.

IMG_3473.jpg

Well if for some reason that deal falls through with the tires....... I'm on here multiple times a day!! :-) You know if it's possible to put disc from an axle like yours onto mine? I mean I know it's possible but is it easily attainable is what im trying to say. Lol I am the worse thread jacker ever sorry

You can put discs onto the Dana 30. It's a bit harder do and keep the six lug.

I would recommend swapping in a Dana 44 from a waggy as the easist disc brake swap. Of course you will probably have to re gear it.

Got a bit more done over the weekend.

More pics, front crossmember is done. next is the rear spring mounts.

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Been taking my time on this so that I might be able to offer a 'kit' to sway in a waggy front.

Screen shot of my cad model for the plates.

isoclose.jpg

2eDeYe' timestamp='1347287810' post='754766']

Got a bit more done over the weekend.

More pics, front crossmember is done. next is the rear spring mounts.

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Been taking my time on this so that I might be able to offer a 'kit' to sway in a waggy front.

Screen shot of my cad model for the plates.

isoclose.jpg

You know if the shackles were at the rear, you would have less chance of front drive train breakage, and a better ride. :D

You know if the shackles were at the rear, you would have less chance of front drive train breakage, and a better ride. :D

Rear shackles require a longer slip on the drive shaft and make it harder to climb due to the axle moving back on compression. I would also have to tub the front corners of the cab and cut the fenders in the back. Too much work for to little gain and it will be getting a 3-link at some point in the future anyways. With a decent shackle angle and good shocks it will ride just fine for me. :)

Those welds don't look anything like mine .... :confused: .. . . you must have got the wrong ones ... :lol:

Thanks, I think... :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...