1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

Just spotted your new 4X4, cool ride! Sometime I wish I never sold my 79 that I had built, the only thing I didn't like was the auto trans, but I had no choice, there were no sticks left, and the 80 were coming out soon when I bought it.:cool:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man. smile.gif

did I mention that it also came with parts?

Found new outer seals behind the seat. cool.gif

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

No more lead acid batteries for this rig.

Picture013.jpg

Optima goes in in the AM and I will be picking up a battery tie down on the way to Walker. :devil:

I will be killing all the rust in the battery tray area soon.

2eDeYe' date='02 October 2011 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1317574256' post='556262']

Ack, mine looks brand new now :D

Disclaimer: I plan to wheel this truck like a wuss and not put dents in it, but I did. 2 of em and I almost ripped the valance off while my friends watched.

fixed :fu:

in all seriousness, that thing was pretty capable as is even if it looks like some hill billy made the steering from instructions on a bar napkin. really needs a T case shifter, power steering and traction aids.

Thanks for posting the cool wheeling pics, that truck looks like it was done by the same guy in Kelso WA that did mine back in 79. I had 9.50X15s on mine with a Detroit locker in the rear, and a Truetrac in the front. I never found any place I couldn't go with it. We had a big blizzard in 80 or 81 on Christmas eve, and I was out rescuing people that were stranded, getting them home, and was pushing snow over the hood, never got stuck once. You will love that truck more each time you take it out. :D

giggity.

giggity.

you need to post this up at the "other" place also. EarlKann has one, and a few other guys do too now.

I'm hopefully going back to cali. to get mine in November.

I do plan to post it over there, once I get into it.

Glad to hear your getting back to yours soon smile.gif

You will love that truck more each time you take it out. biggrin.gif

I love it more each time I see it in the driveway biggrin.gif

Picture%20189.jpg

you up buy that walker ohv place? Id like to make a trip up their when I get the kinks ironed out in my samurai

All the wheelin pics are taken at Walker.

Come on up, I'll show you around out there :D

so how does it wheel compared to the jeep? this doesnt have nearly the same gearing does it?

the wheelin pics are the best! i wanna go crawl around in low range in the subaru... lol

Well it's alot different than the Jeep. It's reaallly tall, long, hard to steer and the gearing is high, plus I don't wanna smash it up. I'll be addressing those issues though. Bigger tires, bed bob, power steering and a low geared twin stick t-case should help a lot. In conjucntion with bumpers and rocker protection should be able do anything the Jeep could do.

There's a few guys that regularly wheel their Subi's out there but they are setup for it.

This truck is AWESOME!!!! I want more pics!!!

Let me know if you want that cam, although with this new project when will you have time for the red one? or the black one :(

Thanks.

I think I will get that cam.

The beauty of the green truck is I can park the red truck for the next round of upgrades and repairs. The black truck will be getting some work done this winter also if all goes to plan. :)