Jump to content
datsunfreak

'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, dukerollo said:

I’m sure you mentioned it, but I don’t want to dig though the annals of this thread to find it... 

 

What kind of fender flares are you running. I hope you say cheap eBay ones because, well, I’m cheap. 

I have a set of them that I decided not to use that I will sell. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, dukerollo said:

What kind of fender flares are you running. I hope you say cheap eBay ones because, well, I’m cheap. 

 

The original ones were made by a shop in Japan called Refresh60 (fairly expensive) but mine are replicas of those made by Classic Datsun in SoCal (they were less than $250 shipped as I recall). 

 

These look the same as mine, but a bit more spendy...

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-wide-over-KB110-B110-fender-flares-arch-fits-Nissan-Datsun-Sunny-1200-flare/161982301430?hash=item25b6e5c4f6:g:WCsAAOSwFnFV9BE5:rk:4:pf:0

 

These look like a good fit, and for a slightly better price too...

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Pon-retro-Fender-Flares-wheel-arch-Metal-For-B110-Datsun-1200-2-d-sedan/183592016727?epid=18019706777&hash=item2abeefdb57:g:hIcAAOSwfshbA4NB:rk:1:pf:0

 

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Drove it to my friend's house the other day, had to stop by the ATM on the way, forgot I had driven the wrong car for that...  ?

 

large.324174875_atmyo.jpg.04d269be997528

  • Like 14
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Damn, that looks good in the wild. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, ]2eDeYe said:

Damn, that looks good in the wild. 

 

Yeah, it looks best from 30 feet away and a little blurry.  ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like most dattos lol 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post

And I see with my weight in the car that I can stand to come down at least another 1/2" in the back... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

What build are we funding now? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

What build are we funding now? 😄

 

It's a secret for now. Once this one sells, all will be revealed. 😁

 

But if you're sharp, you already know...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow DF, I would have never guessed that you would sell your coupe! You've put so much time and effort (time X effort = money) into that beast.

 

Definitely one of my favorite coupes of all time. GLWS!!

Share this post


Link to post

 

31 minutes ago, fivetenguy said:

Wow DF, I would have never guessed that you would sell your coupe! 

 

 

I honestly had no intentions of selling it ever, but some situations forced my hand. Just have some debts I need to clear sooner rather than later. A good chunk of the funds will help get the next project farther down the road, so it's all good... 

 

And if I'm being honest, I've always liked building hot rods a lot more than owning them...  😄

 

The next one is a driver, so it's time to get back to that. I prefer projects you can drive while fixing them up rather than spend years working on something you never get to drive. I did tons and tons of mods to the 1200 without ever knowing if any of them would work well together until it was done. I think I got supremely lucky that the car drives as nice as it does. The next car will be a more old school approach (for me), mod, drive, mod, drive, mod, drive, then culminating in an insane engine swap...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

That Kia Spectra is gonna be nuts..

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post

All seriousness, you've done a fantastic job on this build. I was surprised to see it for sale too. But shit happens.. gotta do what you feel is best.

Share this post


Link to post

 

Making lemonade is over rated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Draker said:

All seriousness, you've done a fantastic job on this build. 

 

Thank you sir. I just keep trying to make the next one better than the last, and I think I've done that so far...

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

 

The next one is a driver, so it's time to get back to that. I prefer projects you can drive while fixing them up rather than spend years working on something you never get to drive. I did tons and tons of mods to the 1200 without ever knowing if any of them would work well together until it was done. I think I got supremely lucky that the car drives as nice as it does. The next car will be a more old school approach (for me), mod, drive, mod, drive, mod, drive, then culminating in an insane engine swap...

 

I'm on the exact same page as you are.  👍

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to the next build John...

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2019 at 12:56 AM, zhent said:

Looking forward to the next build John...

 

Me too!

Share this post


Link to post

Just a tiny bit miffed I didn't get to see this car in person. But you're still welcome to stop by the White Trash Garage any time you are passing through.

 

This next one should be good to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2019 at 6:20 AM, KELMO said:

Just a tiny bit miffed I didn't get to see this car in person.

 

Me too, honestly. I really wish I could have brought it to the Williams event...

 

On 3/23/2019 at 6:20 AM, KELMO said:

But you're still welcome to stop by the White Trash Garage any time you are passing through.

 

Thank you sir.  😁

Edited by datsunfreak

Share this post


Link to post

Locked (for now) per datsunfreak's request

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.