'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

I would go with the 15X7 and 15X8 with staggered tire sizes, should look great. Back in the day when I had my 1200, I had the same wheels that BRE used on the 510s, 13X7s with B60/13s all around. I thought I had pics of that car with the wheels on, but all I can find are pics of shortly after I bought it with the stock wheels and hub caps. It was red with black interior, and looked pretty badass, for the time, 1973.

If I had another 1200 coupe, and some money, I would put a SR20 in with a 6 speed, Ive seen the videos of a couple of them drag racing that are unreal fast!! :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not 17s? Tire selection is the best.

I seriously hope this is sarcasm Dave. :P

The sakura wheels are kinda was-never-trendy

No idea what this means. :D

15's if you're going to flare it, 14's if you wanna tuck them

if you plan to run the 14's - you can always sell me the flares

Oh, I'm selling them. There's now way I'm doing flares now. I only wanted to do flares to be able to fit something like a 14x7 +0. Since I can now fit a 14x7 -9 without flares, no reason to flare it. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

The wheels you see on it from today will be what it gets, although I'm going to sandblast them and powdercoat them a different color.

I'll be getting something different for the B210 when I take these off it for the 1200. ;)

• 6 months later...

Been way too busy to work on this for awhile, but got a few minutes to tinker with it today.

To get the geometry correct, I needed to notch the crossmember mounting brackets:

crap_003.JPG

Then fitted them back on the car:

crap_0051.JPG

Everything fits much better now. Next step is to weld those brackets to the crossmember itself, then I'll move on to the spring mounts, and then the shock mounts. Then it's "done". :cool:

I got the brackets tack welded to the crossmember while it was in the car, then took it all apart to do the final welds.

Tim doing the final weld on the brackets...

irs_001s.jpg

After blasting and painting...

irs_003s.jpg

Should be (hopefully) mounted back in the car for keeps tomorrow. :cool:

Then you can tell us about that white B210 coupe ...

What do you want to know? :P

I think I did a bit of a build thread on it somewhere, will see if I can dig it up. We are in the process of putting a 1200 dash in it, as well as a full race A15. :cool:

How it looked last summer:

normal_little_wiggly_012_final.jpg