'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More goodies! I like the way things are turning out on this beast. I just picked up some new lug nuts as well, but they sent me M12x1.5 instead of M12x1.25... so I had to send them back. I took your advice and picked up those springs and shocks.

Where did you get those manifolds?

http://www.pierceman...tCode=MT-0037-C

Where would you get a linkage for it?

Build one. Naturally. B)

But it's pretty basic stuff. There's a standard size steel rod that goes through those holes, then get the bolt-on linkage arms, and make it happen. :thumbup:

This kit could be a good place to start: http://www.pierceman...p/99006.104.htm

• 4 weeks later...

Sold the deep dish gold wheels and got a different set. I liked the first wheels (gold spoke, polished lip) that were Equip 03 reps, but they just weren't wide enough. So I found someone that makes 15x8" wide reps. :P

Chocolate Santa dropped these off a few hours ago...

crap_0054.JPG

With just enough time to make a mad dash to the tire store and get some 195/45-15 Falken Ziex 912s mounted up. :thumbup:

crap_007.JPG

Test fit on the car to come in the morning... B)

• Like 2

And to the replica wheel haters, these are "temps". If I like them enough to keep them, I'll buy some real Work Equip 03s, probably in a 15x8.5. :thumbup:

Don't want to spend that much money and find out they just don't do it for me. Would rather try these on for size at 1/4 the price first. ;)

Today's progress...

Yes, I painted the flares white after all... :P

Flare bolted on, wheel fitted up

new_wheels_001s.jpg

Adding a 1" spacer

new_wheels_013s.jpg

Of course with the 1" spacers on it won't turn much... :lol:

So if I want it to be this flush, and be able to drive it, I'll probably have to use a 1/2" spacer and dial some of the negative camber out.

Got some more work done on the brakes. Was able to make the rotor fit the hub from the front, and made a simple bracket to bolt the caliper on...

new_wheels_019s.jpg

Luckily I had a spare pair of 1200 struts to mock these up on so I don't have to take the front end of the car apart until the brake swap is "done"

new_wheels_017s.jpg

So next week we can hopefully use my halfass bracket to make a real beefy bracket to bolt up the calipers. Once that's done I can bolt these onto the car.

These things are so huge that the 15x8 wheel just barely clears the calipers. :huh:

Starting to question using these, but screw it... I got 'em, might as well try... :P

I hate it when I have these little epiphanies after the fact... :rofl:

Staring at this pic and noticed something...

epicjtinmeet3.jpg

On my car there's a small gap between the body and flare at the top, to the left and right of the top screw. And my tires clip the flares on the lower edge when turning hard. And it always looks like the flare is "leaning" forward. And the notch in the flare for the bumper doesn't line up with the bumper like it should. Why?

Because my flares are mounted too fucking low!!!!! :rolleyes:

The top edge of the flare is supposed to go just above the body line, not just below. That gap in the flare is for the bump in the body line. So I think I can raise them slightly, trim a little more off the fender at the front, dial in some more caster, and then I can run the wheels out where they are now! :wub: