Sunkist 521 ka24e

socaldatsun

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice truck, that was my homeboy truck it have been seen here, http://community.ratsun.net/topic/6966-san-diego-meet/page__st__460 ,his a repo man and cool guy. I gave him that jccs stiker to put on rear window and I see that he gave you the pathfinder rims that he couldn't put on, just needed the adapters. He is the man to know in here San Diego for 510 parts, he gave me some parts to sell for him in eagle rock last time. Hope to see you at the meets...

Nice truck, that was my homeboy truck it have been seen here, http://community.rat...t/page__st__460 ,his a repo man and cool guy. I gave him that jccs stiker to put on rear window and I see that he gave you the pathfinder rims that he couldn't put on, just needed the adapters. He is the man to know in here San Diego for 510 parts, he gave me some parts to sell for him in eagle rock last time. Hope to see you at the meets...

yeah i saw the rims didnt fit, what adapter are you talking about? i thought you just had to take the rim to get machined a little bigger?

i know its lame but im actualy trying to steal my moms rims off her 05 frontire lol its the 6 spoke ones

yeah i saw the rims didnt fit, what adapter are you talking about? i thought you just had to take the rim to get machined a little bigger?

i know its lame but im actualy trying to steal my moms rims off her 05 frontire lol its the 6 spoke ones

They won't fit.

Different lug pattern.

nice truck kinda diggin the orange with the black. you should see if you can get the turn signal lenses clear so that way they won't flush with orange paint, you should name it pumpkinhead or GARFIELD i know there is a guy who can make clear lenses i think he has ads on ebay just type in datsun 521 in search engine on ebay and look for his ad for clear lenses

They won't fit.

Different lug pattern.

I thought it was just the hub that didn't fit. It is a 6 lug but the center cap were the bearings are in wont fit. What else can i do?

*edit*

I found the spacer adapter, this would replace having to machine the bore right?

and what are my options with machining the rims?

I thought it was just the hub that didn't fit. It is a 6 lug but the center cap were the bearings are in wont fit. What else can i do?

*edit*

I found the spacer adapter, this would replace having to machine the bore right?

and what are my options with machining the rims?

Look for different rims.

I'm really a fan of stockers, K5 Blazer wheels and indy slots.

The wheels you have already look the part.

I really don't think you'll like the way those newer rims look when/if you get them on.

Stay period with it. Your truck is already cool.

Look for different rims.

I'm really a fan of stockers, K5 Blazer wheels and indy slots.

The wheels you have already look the part.

I really don't think you'll like the way those newer rims look when/if you get them on.

Stay period with it. Your truck is already cool.

Yeah I get you, Trust me I love these too but got to upgrade when the brakes are done, need something in the mean while since I dont have enough to do breaks new rims and tires.

I did find some stealies that I loved to they are the 51 daytona on this site http://www.lesschwab.com/products/wheels/other

Yeah I get you, Trust me I love these too but got to upgrade when the brakes are done, need something in the mean while since I dont have enough to do breaks new rims and tires.

I did find some stealies that I loved to they are the 51 daytona on this site http://www.lesschwab...ts/wheels/other

Those will look more correct than newer Nissan wheels.

And the money you save on adapters to make them fit can go towards the brakes.

I'm collecting brake parts right now. Not fun. Every tiny piece.

Rotors, calipers, brackets, lines, new tubing.

I did find some stealies that I loved to they are the 51 daytona on this site http://www.lesschwab...ts/wheels/other

i like those 60 smoothie! for my truck at least..... :D

but ya those 51 daytonas would look good on your truck

Glad you guys love the truck, do you guys see anything that needs to be upgraded? is everything set up for the disc brakes? i know it isnt just a straight bolt up, there is a few things to change.

this weekend i should be going to get the front calipers and maybe rotors if i have enough

Glad you guys love the truck, do you guys see anything that needs to be upgraded? is everything set up for the disc brakes? i know it isnt just a straight bolt up, there is a few things to change.

this weekend i should be going to get the front calipers and maybe rotors if i have enough

That really depends on which brake kit you're going to run.

Klotz of Beebani.

Way different.

And depending on 4 wheel or 2 will change your parts list.

Lots of research before you commit to one.

Lots of guys have done both, so the info is out there.

If you don't find what you're looking for-ask.

well im doing all four, front im doing the z32 calipers with the passport rotors, back the amigo setup and im using beebani brakets. i know the guy said he upgraded the master cylinder off the 280 already but not too sure exactly what has been done and what needs to be done. i did find how to bolt up the brakes but nothing on how or what to change as for master cylinders for all four brakes and stuff, so please help

well im doing all four, front im doing the z32 calipers with the passport rotors, back the amigo setup and im using beebani brakets. i know the guy said he upgraded the master cylinder off the 280 already but not too sure exactly what has been done and what needs to be done. i did find how to bolt up the brakes but nothing on how or what to change as for master cylinders for all four brakes and stuff, so please help

4 wheel discs will require the correct master from a 79 or 80 280zx to not need an aftermarket proportioning valve.

Can't really tell by looking at it.

All 4 brakets will be needed

All 4 calipers(I'm going with Hardbody calipers. Z32 calipers are way overkill, IMHO.)

All 4 rotors.

I will replace all seals while I do mine, so those-F&R.

You will need to have all the fittings on the hard lines switched to metric.

I'm just going to put all new hard lines front to back. These next things pertain in my doing so.

T-block from a 510 for the fronts

T-block from a Hardbody for the rear.

Rubber lines for all 4.

I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting, but that should be a great start.

There are other nit-picky things I'm doing, just cuz I'm in there.

Longer studs.

620 front inner bearings

bearing spacer from Klotz

I have collected about 3/4 of the parts so far.

Will get it tackeled soon.

ok so were should i look for to see if the truck has it?, i know i have the 280 m/c, im just trying to get this baby up and running so not getting too tecnical with its yet.

anything you guys want me to post pictures of to see if i got the right things or not?

sorry im new to all the terminology and the whole car realm so ima be asking and looking alot.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27500-disc-brake-mc-conversion-question/ currently reading this so its helping some

On the side of your master, it will have a fractional size in the stamping.

15/16" is what you are wanting to see.

I do not know which other ones are acceptable...but if it is from a 280, you should be fine.

WAIT! If you have the Zcar master cylinder already, do you already have front discs? Or drums?

On the side of your master, it will have a fractional size in the stamping.

15/16" is what you are wanting to see.

I do not know which other ones are acceptable...but if it is from a 280, you should be fine.

WAIT! If you have the Zcar master cylinder already, do you already have front discs? Or drums?

negative, i dont have anything. i bought the truck with out brakes and this disc break conversion half done whitch is why i need to do it. i dont even have the drums it just has all four brakets on and thats it, got it towed to my garage