Sunkist 521 ka24e

socaldatsun

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahah alright I'll try and get some tonight. Eather way I can't use my old ones since the brake set up wont fit under 14's. As soon as I get a chance i'm going to buy a spare identical to what I have now.

My Z32 calipers came in today :) those things are masive!!! just missing all the lines and hose and im set :P

what tires are you running?

Me's running close to what's you's gots: 195/60 15's,, I hadta run 1.5 spacers, I really, really, really didn't want to. But with my 620 I had some brake-line clearance issues in the back and some mild issues in front.

Ok so I was messing with the calipers today and took them out the box and noticed.... no mounting bolts. Are they sold seperate? same for the rear izusu calipers.

I went to autozone today to pick up brake lines but only had fuel lines, are they the same?

and can some one point me to the right direction to finding the braided breakelines for the z32 calipers and the isuzu. or is it pointles having steel ones in the back?

90% there, just missing the lines/conectors, hoses and brake fluid and mouting bolts and ready for the instal.

Kindof getting butterflies that its getting closer and closer that i get to drive my car after it sitting there for 2.5 months

I have no fender rub yet but just for looks I wanted to put spacers, didn't consider caliper clerance. Hopefuly I wont have to run that much of a spacer, this means longer studs too huh. What brake set up did you have?

I have Beebini's conversion kit,,, not installed yet! So I still have BS 4 wheelie drums, and they SUCK!

Bolts...you might have to hit a junkyard.

While you're there...get the hoses too.

Then take those hoses to a hydraulic shop and they will make you some SS lines.

Now-have all the hardlines already been replaced with metric fittings?

Nope, was going to do it on saturday but i just started my new job. Working Thursday- Sunday and the hands on datsun meetings are usualy on weekends so now I have no clue when i'll have time now :/ I did go to vatozone lastnight to buy the hardlines but they only have fuel lines, I think I saw them at napa. I messured about 11 feet from the lines I pulled so far"the main one that goes to the rear are still on" about how much more do you think I need? also is it worth getting ss lines on the rear? what about the rubber one off the rear T-block?

I guess im hitting the yards on monday :P

I have a roll of 3/16" metal tubing with a bag of fittings I got for $25 dollars. It's about 20 ft.

Keep calling. You might need to find a more performace/hot rod oriented shop to get some.

Most of those guys at the regular parts house don't know what you're asking for, or don't want to try to get it for you.

As for the SS lines-if you're doing one, might as well do it all.

That's my thought. But I'm OCD like that.

How about I send you 40, buy it for me, ship it and with the extra money buy some beer ane call it a day

:cool:

box for 25 bucks with 20 feet! at NAPA they had them forlike 4-5 feet for 6 bucks and I still needed to buy the conectors.

as for "doing then all" thats just the four lines that go to the calipers or the 5th off the T-block too?

How about I send you 40, buy it for me, ship it and with the extra money buy some beer ane call it a day

:cool:

box for 25 bucks with 20 feet! at NAPA they had them forlike 4-5 feet for 6 bucks and I still needed to buy the conectors.

as for "doing then all" thats just the four lines that go to the calipers or the 5th off the T-block too?

"Vatozone"

ahahahaa sooo true ! im using that one !

I know jegs mcmaster Carr and summit have the hard line shit but looks like flatcat has a better deal.

Needs to be dot approved. I'd prefer to get full lengths of the ss line instead of rolls just so it comes out cleaner and straighter.

Mcmaster has 8ft lengths of it I believe. Their warehouse is a couple miles from my house

Yeah, I got refered to Topika. I'm going to check it out tomorrow and try to get all of them, also going to Industrial Liquidators tomorrow and get the SS lines and hopefuly if I have enough go to napa on my way home and get the hardlines. I'm going to be loaded on the buss lol. time to get my 521 running :(