• No Bed Hooks
    • with or without, no yellow trucks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need I really say anything here?

I guess if you're going to USE your truck as a truck and haul things around then definitely keep the hooks! Hooks on the inside of the bed is a dumb idea, reason being if you're hauling a bulky load inside hooks can be a real pain. Datsun saw fit to bless us with not only usable hooks, but hooks that are very pleasing to the eye.

Now if you're just looking to use your truck as a street truck and have no intention of hauling anything around in it....... I'D STILL KEEP THE FRIGGIN' HOOKS! ! ! :lol:

I was mostly hinting at a certain someone with a VERY clean truck that ALWAYS bitches about bedhooks. Argument being that you need them to tie down a load, yet this particular persons truck looks as if the only thing it has ever hauled was groceries. Come on, where are you? I'm surprised he hasn't found this thread yet. I thought he skimmed every thread in search of the word "Hook" or a picture of a truck...with or without.

QUOTE]

Ha! Just read this. No I don't treat my Datsun like a trailer queen.. for the loveah.. and yes... after I finished painting it I thought perhaps I made a huge mistake on the color. If I were to do it again I'd paint it singapore sunset saffron... It was originally going to be stock green, not sure why I painted it yellow... I am now tired of the color and wish I would have gone with green. Oh well, I'm not redoing the thing right now.

If you want to know the truth... and I shouldn't admit this because I'm having too much fun... I like them both.. shaved and pokey! I just like stirring the pot. I've seen some great slammed stuff and I love it.. I've also seen great stockers and love those too! Just flippin' crap.. that's all! Alas, I can no longer give anybody crap because they now know where I'm coming from.

HOWEVER! That being said.. I do think the way you approach how you want your truck to look needs to be thought out.. You don't just blindly go in and start hackin' away. You should have an idea of what it is you want to accomplish.. If you are great at looking at a truck and seeing what it could be instantly.. then you're half way there. I think a lot of guys just do things because they feel it's what you need to do (or what everybody else is doing) and have no idea what the final outcome is going to look like. Somebody posted a picture recently of a Chevy luv that was lowered and shaved and it looked awesome! Much better than a stocker. someone else was selling a "harley type" Datsun not long ago and I liked that too. I too have shaved projects in the past! :eek: I had a '50 Chev fleetline that I completely shaved and modified. Shaved all the chrome, door handles, everything. I now have a '49 Chev sedan and I'm going to be shaving the handles, trunk stuff, etc. I'll probably put lowering blocks in the back too so long as I can get outta my driveway.

If I've offended any one in anyway.. it really it was just to stir the pot and to get some communication going. I've seen very few on this site that made me hurl.. really.

So there it is.

I haul stuff all the time, some of the pics are before or after the rope... I always carry 100 ft of rope. After working in construction for way many years I would NEVER cut the hooks off. I think it looks better but they work way to damn good. All the work trucks we used had the shitty screwed on style. I've fallen countless times when they break off..... None of them come close to as nice as the datto ones :D

IMG00131.JPG.jpg

IMG00119.JPG.jpg

IMG00090.JPG.jpg

IMG_0718.JPG.jpg

IMG00169.JPG.jpg

3.jpg

Carefully use a hammer to hit one hook to the side. Once is starts to move a little, hammer it the other way. Move it back and forth a little. Then grab ahold of it with some vice grips. Pull back and forth until it pops off the weld. Use a grinder to smooth the welds. Then paint prep.

im split between to 2. on my 320, i love 'em because they seem to match the styling of the square bed. but on the other hand if i had a 620, they would be shaved but i would also modify under the rails to match up with the cab. it doesnt seem to look right with the hooks gone and not lining up to the cab.

Carefully use a hammer to hit one hook to the side. Once is starts to move a little, hammer it the other way. Move it back and forth a little. Then grab ahold of it with some vice grips. Pull back and forth until it pops off the weld. Use a grinder to smooth the welds. Then paint prep.

really? cause im about to go outside and do it.......i know how it works, and that might actually do the trick, just want to make sure, lol

:confused: