• Bed Hooks
    • No Bed Hooks
    • with or without, no yellow trucks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bed hooks on the outside of the bed are dumb. As are single wall beds. I am ALL for using a truck as it was intended, but seriously the hooks should be inside the bed. OR stake-pockets.

If ANYONE here would like to complain about how trucks need hooks, I would like to see a picture of their truck in ACTUAL use. Which means, the bed probably has it's share of dents. or just admit to being an old man and loving hooks just like you love woodgrain, curb feelers, mudflaps, and other random chrome shit.

Guest DatsuNoob

Not a fan of th hooks, to me it breaks up that sweet body line from the bed to the door. They look like shit, so the first thing I did when I got it home was bust out the sawzall. The new gate I picked up last week still has the hooks on it though.

It's not only the bed that's all beat up.

loaded.jpg

Z24-2.JPG

I use the hooks when hauling yard waste, as there's nothing else to tie the ropes to. Right now I have an old fishing net that I just pull over the hooks to lock in place to cover the bed. Th eonly truck I have that's hookless is my 4X4, because they were gone when I got it. The ONLY problem I have with the hooks is they've cost me a couple jacket pockets.

i WISHED my ram had decent bed hooks. i always had to strap shit to the fender flairs (fiberglass flairs) which i didn't liek doing because i didn't ahve any place else to hook tiedowns. now my datto i LOVE the outside bedhooks. it'll make it easier to tie things down. and yes i like woodgrain, mud flaps (stock), and random chrome shit as well. not so much crub feelers, although they do have uses on LOWRIDER IMPALAS like triple gold Daytons.

Like datsunaholic, I use mine for pickup-y things. This is a compressed load, under the tarp is an old door that two comealongs have winched an eight foot high mess down to a reasonable level. Things grow so fast around here that the yard recycle bins don't even begin to address the volume, and don't get me started on the pinkos that won't allow burning.

000_0276.jpg

Here's one of a scrap load during last summer's cleanup, 1400 pounds according to the scale. They do have a habit of grabbing any convenient opening in your coveralls on your way by, necessitating a prolonged swearing streak when they cause a massive rip.

000_0256.jpg

When my bed is finished it will have structure behind the inner bedsides with recessed tie-downs incorporated into the structure.

I hate the dings from no inner bedsides and bent rails from years of people using the stock hooks. I believe the bed I have now had a canopy on it for most of it's life as the rails are straight as an arrow :D

I was mostly hinting at a certain someone with a VERY clean truck that ALWAYS bitches about bedhooks. Argument being that you need them to tie down a load, yet this particular persons truck looks as if the only thing it has ever hauled was groceries. Come on, where are you? I'm surprised he hasn't found this thread yet. I thought he skimmed every thread in search of the word "Hook" or a picture of a truck...with or without.

I'm fortunate enough to have one of them "modern" pickups (disc brakes, fuel injection, neat stuff like that) so my opinion really doesn't matter. However, if I did have an older rig (I will someday) it would have hooks only as long as it would take me to fab up some inner bedsides and proper tie-downs.

I guess I just like my pockets and belt loops too much. I suppose I have to go buy a 620 and take it apart so I can see what you're talking about.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/trucktwototoomanybedhooks.gif[/img]"]trucktwototoomanybedhooks.gif

You forgot: Greek wheels, lake pipes, Moon hub caps, hollywood mufflers, dingle balls, lavender air fresheners, chrome reverse rims, fuzzy dice, shrunken heads, STP stickers, reverbs...

I'm torn.....I like the hooks for there practical application and really like the look of the shaved bed so I had to vote for no yellow trucks. I say if its for show shave em and if its for actual everyday pickup use then keep em:cool:

no yellow trucks with hooks! :D

I'm torn.....I like the hooks for there practical application and really like the look of the shaved bed so I had to vote for no yellow trucks. I say if its for show shave em and if its for actual everyday pickup use then keep em:cool:

Whats wrong with the Yellow trucks?:fu:

And i am keeping my hooks.