blue wire and yellow/red behind dash

Radiant-Designer

So I have been trying to find out why my temp gauge doesn't work, it did before but not recently... Maybe I unplugged something sitting the Weber upgrade, or perhaps when checking my Speedo cable....

So I started looking under the dash and there are 2 wires with ends on them that are just not connected to anything. A blue and a yellow with red stripe. My guess is windshield washer motor but Idk, can anyone tell me where they go?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just below the upper rad hose you'll find the sender in the thermostat housing. It will have a single Yellow/White strip wire. If unplugged, plug it in. If no work, take back off and ground the end against the block..... the gauge should read FULL HOT (if working)

Is your gas gauge working? If it is then there is power to the temp sender because they both run off the same supply.

I guess cleaning it up helpred becuase today on my way to work the gauge started moving and stayed about 1/2 way most of my trip!

But my real question here is whats that big capaciter looking thing, (There are two of them, one on each side of the steering wheel collumn, this one that isnt plugged into anything is on the pass side but near the steering wheel) The lights on my dash work for blinkers and hazard, ill have to check if they work on the lights themselves.

And what are the two wires that are in the back of my speedo area? the blue and yellow with red stripe (not the beer from jamacia lol) They have bullet ends but are not pugged into anything