Fuel return line on 80' 720

spottedog

Years ago I removed the (metal) fuel return tubing that went from the carb to the fuel return tubing that runs along the frame rail.

My question is where is the "orfice" that that restricts the flow of fuel returning to the tank?

Was it in the piece I seem to have lost, or is it in the tubing going from the engine bay to the tank?

My two manuals say there is one, but don't show where. :mellow:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit back put on that i got my 84 4x4 for 400. One of the things is that it had carb problems and it way off with the breather in the floor board. Put my weber on that i knew was good that was on the 81 I had. Would run fine in the yard but start through the gears up the road and it would die. Did not have much fuel to the carb. Had plenty at the pump so ended up blocking off the return line. Now my truck runs good. Nice to know that that is what must of been wrong with it. If i pass a 720 in the yard that might be one of the things to grab and put back right. Thought it would of been one of the few things back by the tank. This is why you look on here from time to time.

My 3rd 720 but my first 4x4 720. Not counting insurance i have less than 470 in it and it is running good. Biggest things to work on is a floor patch and leaking sunroof. May recaulk the winshield too.

Good luck on all your trucks.