4 lug to six lug

i was wondering if there are any bolt pattern adapters which will allow me to run 4 x4.5 lug slot mags on my 73 620 with 6x5.5. i suck at finding parts when i need them. reason i want to do this is because i have a very nice set of slot mags with some expensive tires (so im told) and i would love to slap them on my truck(currently on the 280z)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

some could say the same about slamming them into the weeds... lol.gif

i know im a couple months late on this reply, but very good point... my signature is a photo shop. if i did go that low, the truck would not serve my needs (hauling dirtbikes into the woods)

and i do agree with bleach, you can find some great wheels on cl for cheap

see, i dont necessarily want slot mags, i actually just want to have the option to put a much wider variety of wheels on my truck. i have seen tons of six lug wheels and none of them are to my liking, well, there are some, but they'd be much more pricey to buy than to just get the adapters and put four lugs on. in particular there are some 13 inch cromodora wheels i really want and that a friend may trade me for my slot mags. they're pretty bitchin', but that probably wont follow through because he's a greedy bastard and though he has ass loads of money he would rather sell them and make a hundred or two than help a friend out. sad.gif

either way it seems that 4 lug is the most popular by far, especially because i like 13 or 14 inch wheels the best.

If you're looking to buy old school wheels then 4 lug might be the best option.

Actually, I always thought that RWD 4 lug was the hardest to find good wheels in a proper offset. MANY more RWD sportscars were 5 lug. Giving yourself the same lug pattern as say a newer Supra, Z32, 350Z, Mustang would be my suggestion. 5x114.3mm

Then you can spend $1000-4000 on a set of good wheels

heres some 6 lug wheelss your sure to love at least one set!!!

My link

the old rally arts are bitchin, i am beginning to think that the larger quantity of bolts is what looks funky to me. that and the bigger hole in the center. who knows, since i kinda fucked up my rear end and am planning on doing an uber super duper top secret confidential engine swap soon (just a hint, its an l28), i might as well just get a whole new axle. i have seen a few old toyotas in the junkyard with 4 lugs, like this old celica, and that would probably be just as cheap as adapters. and im going to test fit my 280z hubs on my 620 spindles to see if i can haz some 4 lug disc brakes on the front twofinger_salute.gif. anyone heard of a 4 lug or five lug swap on a truck? and another somewhat related question, if i do 280z discs on the front will i not be able to fit 13's? i know 280zx brakes eliminate that possibility but i havnt heard about 280z ones.