New to Ratsun, '78 B210

Kisor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, there is no spin at all. Its just that slow out of the hole with an auto and 26" tall tires.

On another note started sizing up the 240SX rear subframe and got a line on a KA24DE dropout. Oh, and I have a 50 trim turbo sitting at work for it too...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So how stupid is it for me to look at doing a FJ20DET in this thing?

Are they a unicorn motor anymore?

I'm not concerned about the fab work mainly obtaining one and parts availability in the US. A quick ebay search turned up nothing, I just want something different than a KA or SR... I would settle for a CA18DET because of cost and size/weight but would rather have more room to grow power wise.

Thoughts? Opinions?

So how stupid is it for me to look at doing a FJ20DET in this thing?

Stupidly awesome! I'd love to see a FJ b210. But I hear you on logistics. PM 69FJwagon and ask him. He has an FJ in his goon and has for years. He'd know how much of a pain it is to source.

69FJwagon

BTW nice B210! Just caught this thread.

Room to grow? CA18DET can make 700 hp, is that not enough for you?

Is that enough for anyone?? Haha...

But seriously, it seemed like a unique swap. I've barely heard of one, and until recently kinda forgot it even existed.

It seemed to me like a little 2JZ where it will handle lots of power on stock internals... If i could get one for under 2K and it will reliably deal with 400+whp whereas a CA or SR is comparable in starting price and needs extra money and machine work to withstand that level of output.

I have it stripped down and ready to section, I need to narrow it about 6 inches. At that width, the front mounting locations line up with the factory rear framrails. The rear mounts will be inside the rails at the back so I'll have to fab a "crossmember" between them. I believe the factory 240sx mounting studs are still available from nissan or I can cut some from a donor car. Then plate and secure them through the frame of the car and it should be a bolt in deal.. of course i'll have to lose the spare tire well and rework the trunk floor to incorperate mount locations for the 240SX rear strut tops.

So in other words the entire back of the car will have to be modified and chopped up..... but it will be cool right? haha

Yes, it will work with stock CA18DE. But for how long?

The stock B210 rear axle assembly (5.9" ring gear) is good for a reliable 80 ft lbs torque. When Nissan fitted anything with more torque -- such as the factory L16-powered B210 -- they equipped it with the H165.

And the plan being slicks at the track which definatly will kill the stock rearend.

Original plan was a narrowed Ford 8.8 but I like doing things different.

I tend to overdo things when it comes to cars.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2955020/1979-chevrolet-camaro

I don't have the car anymore but found it on a former employees site

• 4 months later...

I hate the pastel farmer plate.. but its all you can get now in Ohio.

I had Historical plates but got a speeding ticket and reamed for driving it to work. Figured I would see if Ratsun was available, it was so impulse buy later here they are... Lol