Nw Datto Owners Unite!

PtheDude

ALL!

We MUST all unite in monitoring BUDGET AUTO WRECKING IN KENT.

Those bastards are crushing beautiful, perfect Datsun 521's and 620's without even THINKING about putting them out in the yard! Today they destroyed a sweet blue 74 that GOD KNOWS WHY IT WAS THERE, but they crushed the poor thing in 3 hours!

I hate those bastards!

Everybody start calling these guys at (253) 833-9441 Ask for Steve, get these guys to hold on to these trucks so we can strip 'em!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to stop them is to attend every Abandoned Vehicle auction in King and North Pierce counties and outbid them. That's where they get them. They pay between $5-100 (maybe more with metal prices up) solely for the metal cost. I used to post when the Datsuns were on auction but no one was interested. I've been in the county crosshairs too much to try saving ANY of them recently, so I quit looking. I know when and where the auctions are, but it does require taking time off work since ALL auctions except Lincoln are held on Weekdays, usually between 10-2 starts, and it's cash only on the spot with a $100-200 pre-bid deposit.

Budget is actually running a somewhat illegal operation, but their neighbors are far worse so they skate by. The EPA has shut down their neighbors on a regular basis. I know when I took a (very stripped) car there they didn't even bother to verify my paperwork or ID or even LOOK at the car. There is a required "hold time" on cars, but cars sold on AVR (abandoned Vehicle Report) have already met the "hold time" so they don't.

I walked outta there so mad. they literally squished a BEAUTIFUL truck and wouldn't let me at it at ALL.

I watch the northend auction sites. whats the southend? Thats gotta be where these trucks are coming from.

We have a local place in vancouver that wont allow anyone to touch the import pickups they get because they fill em up with scrap and crush em. I am told the employees get incentives for finding import pickups/cars to crush. The guy who runs the place actually believes import vehicles support commies or something. I just laugh when I pass the place, because hes only hurting himself, lol.

I hate how close minded people are on imports. If I was local, I would raise all kinds of hell about them crushing good old school imports. If they actually paid attention to the following they have, they would be surprised at how big it is. After reading some of these posts, I'm thinking a plane flight, rented car carrier, and a crowbar are in my future. :fu: to those crushing these cars.

The ones that I've gone to were GT Towing in West Seattle and Fitz in Auburn. Columbia towing in the Rainier valley also gets them. GT had a '89 240SX last week, but only had 2 cars and a trailer on auction. They usually have 2 auctions a month, Friday at 2PM.

All these tow auctions are required by law to post the vehicle list in local media. However, they usually use the SMALLEST media they can find- GT Towing posts in Robinson Classifieds (West Seattle Herald, Ballard Tribune), Fitz posts in the Little Nickel (they auction Thursdays at 11AM, I believe). Columbia puts the list on the internet (they run Thursdays). I've bought from GT and Fitz- I DROVE my '74 out of GT, the '76 4X had to be towed out but I used my flatbed. Nether had any problems titling them, the '74 still had good tabs, the '76 didn't even have plates and had never been registered in Washington but it was easy, and I had plates by that Saturday.

I looked at Columbia's online list- NOTHING sold under $150, and the '83 720 they had sold for $275 to South End Auto Wrecking. So prices are up quite a bit. http://www.silveradoenterprises.com/index.html

Guest DatsuNoob

I had a similar expereince with Binford Metals in kent. It's down there by Asia Auto wrecking and Budget, but anyway, I asked if he had any old datsuns out there and he just said chuckled and said, "we crunch those suckers pretty much on site, there's no money in storing them." Obviously he doesn't know about any of us then. Fuckin redneck, inbred bastards dont know what they're throwing away. I usually keep an eye peeled out at Pull a Part, was surprised to see those 521's there too. Took home a straight fender, tailgate, and a couple dog dishes for $68. I think those people are decent out there, well, atleast they dont talk shit about what you're trying to buy like those "good ol' boys" do.

I had a similar expereince with Binford Metals in kent. It's down there by Asia Auto wrecking and Budget, but anyway, I asked if he had any old datsuns out there and he just said chuckled and said, "we crunch those suckers pretty much on site, there's no money in storing them." Obviously he doesn't know about any of us then. Fuckin redneck, inbred bastards dont know what they're throwing away. I usually keep an eye peeled out at Pull a Part, was surprised to see those 521's there too. Took home a straight fender, tailgate, and a couple dog dishes for $68. I think those people are decent out there, well, atleast they dont talk shit about what you're trying to buy like those "good ol' boys" do.

God Bless Ebay....