720 oil and volt gauge installation

bryant313

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should be 2 harness connections tucked/taped up in the dash, to the right of the heater controls.

If you have the 1 wire OP sensor...you will need to replace that with the 2 wire and locate that second wire in the under hood harness.

Oh....and you also need the harness(s) from the gauges

Maybe............ :D

Should be 2 harness connections tucked/taped up in the dash, to the right of the heater controls.

If you have the 1 wire OP sensor...you will need to replace that with the 2 wire and locate that second wire in the under hood harness.

i pulled out my climate control cover and found 2 small connectors but their not the ones i need, so im taking a guess that their shoved way up under the dash

yea i found the connector behind the blower duct. whats the color of the other wire for the oil pressure sensor?

yea i found the connector behind the blower duct. whats the color of the other wire for the oil pressure sensor?

The red low oil pressure light in the dash is Yellow/Green stripe and goes to the vertical terminal of the T connector on the sender. The wire for the gauge is Yellow/Blue and goes to the horizontal terminal on the sender

The red low oil pressure light in the dash is Yellow/Green stripe and goes to the vertical terminal of the T connector on the sender. The wire for the gauge is Yellow/Blue and goes to the horizontal terminal on the sender

im having trouble locating the blue/yellow wire for the sender. could you post up some pics where its located at

Did you find the connectors tapped up by the heater? Those plug into the gauges. Out in the engine bay should be the other end of the Yellow/Green wire probably tapped up between the alternator and the starter. If not there, run your own wire back to the gauge.

Did you find the connectors tapped up by the heater? Those plug into the gauges. Out in the engine bay should be the other end of the Yellow/Green wire probably tapped up between the alternator and the starter. If not there, run your own wire back to the gauge.

yea i know about the yellow/green wire to the sensor but dont i need the 4x4 sensor to make the gauge work?

yea i know about the yellow/green wire to the sensor but dont i need the 4x4 sensor to make the gauge work?

Yes...you need the 2 wire sensor to make the OP gauge work

..."Should be 2 harness connections tucked/taped up in the dash, to the right of the heater controls.

Oh....and you also need the harness(s) from the gauges"...

Yes...you need the 2 wire sensor to make the OP gauge work

..."Should be 2 harness connections tucked/taped up in the dash, to the right of the heater controls.

Oh....and you also need the harness(s) from the gauges"...

i am having no luck finding this other wire

i am having no luck finding this other wire

Follow the wire(yellow/green stripe) back into the harness that goes to the idiot light senser that you have/had on your block, somewhere in there will be the stub because someone cut it off, or you will find it taped backwards, following itself back into the harness to keep it out of the way, I just can't imagine why they would make a harness without that wire. If you cannot find it after looking for it as I discribed, just wire it yourself, but you will still need a console harness for the gauges just for the plugs to wire it yourself.

Follow the wire(yellow/green stripe) back into the harness that goes to the idiot light senser that you have/had on your block, somewhere in there will be the stub because someone cuy it off, or you will find it taped backwards, following itself back into the harness to keep it out of the way, I just can't imagine why they would make a harness without that wire. If you cannot find it after looking for it as I discribed, just wire it yourself, but you will still need a console harness for the gauges just for the plugs to wire it yourself.

Most likely taped up in the main harness....the only 2WD 720s that came with those gauges were the STs....I believe.

Follow the wire(yellow/green stripe) back into the harness that goes to the idiot light senser that you have/had on your block, somewhere in there will be the stub because someone cut it off, or you will find it taped backwards, following itself back into the harness to keep it out of the way, I just can't imagine why they would make a harness without that wire. If you cannot find it after looking for it as I discribed, just wire it yourself, but you will still need a console harness for the gauges just for the plugs to wire it yourself.

ok what i found is a yellow/green and yellow/blue wires that connect on the intake manifold. otherwise i took off all the tape and couldnt find any extra wires

ok what i found is a yellow/green and yellow/blue wires that connect on the intake manifold. otherwise i took off all the tape and couldnt find any extra wires

Are them two wires connected to anything? I do not know the napZ engine harness very well, all my 720 harnesses are diesel except for one 1980 harness i have in my 66 datsun 520, I went outside and got a couple photos of what you are looking for, my plug is wired in with the alternator, starter, and tranny wires, it has a big rubber protecter and a "T" plug.

DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg