just picked up a 1970

bustedknuckles

so today i took my flatbed along with my girlfriend on a 5 hour each way drive haha to get a 1970 521 pretty stoked about the thing has had an l20b and 5 speed swap and a brand new clutch put in it all i need to do is bleed the clutch and throw one of my webers on it and she is good to go for $500 she even has good tires on her i will post some pics when i can get some good day light on her not a bad deal right?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i finally getting around to posting pics sorry im kinda slow about getting this stuff done i will continue to post pics of it as i go along i need a stock bumper bad its got this nasty ass lookin tubular one on the front so if anyone knows where to pick one up u should let me know i have a stock bench for it that came with it its just sitting in the bed of the truck right now

100_0250.jpg

100_0249.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0252.jpg

100_0254.jpg

100_0256-1.jpg

100_0257.jpg

100_0258.jpg

100_0259-1.jpg

100_0260.jpg

100_0261.jpg

so what do u think?

yeah the bumpers are nasty no doubt about it i want to do a roll pan on the back and find a stock front one and i do have a full set of wheels for it just need to get the tire switched over my next step for it is to redo the bench seat for it and i would like to find a shelf for it so if anyone knows where to find a stock bumper and a shelf let me know please

so took her out on the maiden voyage today after getting it registered and new tags and she runs super strong can even climb a hill in 5th with no power loss very happy with her but she has some whining coming from the clutch that worries me a little bit the guy that i bought it from said he replaced the clutch in it and hadnt ran it since he replaced the clutch... could it be the throw out bearing? but why on earth would u replace a clutch and not replace the throw out bearing at the same time? any ideas?

he may well have replaced the throw out bearing/collar, or may not have. if he did just the clutch, it could mean he just put a new disc in there, not a whole clutch kit... If the bearing has no play and you don't have a new one, might as well use it. what happens is they get dry, and make that whine. breaks them down faster. if he did put a new one in there, i bet he didn't put any grease on it. you only need a tiny bit. even if he did, and it sat for a long time the grease turns to :poop:

id just drive it and later on replace it if you have the trans out... (if you get that far throw in a new pilot bearing too)

but why on earth would u replace a clutch and not replace the throw out bearing at the same time? any ideas?

Simple!!!!!!

Cheap MOFOs

or no body had one at the parts store and needed vehicle asap.

ck the trqans for oil and fill.

If 5 speed ck pinion angle when they put it in

my 4 speed has a slight whine.

a T/O bearing will when when its clutch is pushed in. if whine driving then its trans

Be honest most if not all clutch kits have a T/O bearing.

I will assume its the trans that giving a whine.

datto 510 had a whine on his 521 in 5th gear. find out when it was lowered it put a slight bind at end of trans.

He but a spaccer under the Carrier bearing in middle of the truck. The drive shaft .

your truck is not lowered so I would just drive it. When soem body has a 4 speed to dump pick it up for free